oko 26 flatside on 155z 160ho motor jetting questions and input!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burleygu

Reaction score
As some of you are aware I purchased a braaap with a 190 Daytona ended up replacing the motor with a 155z Since then I tried it with the 22 carb which was crap I have since purchased a oko26 flatslide from dhz with 36 pilot and 100 main as advertised (have not pulled apart to confirm yet) Bike starts easy rides good pops the wheel easy but breaks down and back fires and pops around half throttle. I have just put a new ngk plug in and purchased a few jets didn't receive all of them yet. Only have a 38 and 40 pilot along with a 102 main Do you think any of these will improve the problem? Motor is still being run in and I haven't had the chance to stretch its legs yet big day sunday fiddling with it out on some property.

I have a 155z with a 36 and 102 main jet and it runs snappy as hell, I can remember what clip the needle is set at but its running pretty lean! But it's super responsive right through the rev range and easy to start.

Sounds a bit like you have a blocked main jet, I know that's weird cause it new and all? But definitely sounds like it's not getting enough fuel.

Last edited:
What are you doing with the 190??

Not sure yet it needs a new clutch basket along with a cold of other gears due to the common issue with these engine of the clutch gear loosing teeth. It was still running when I pulled it down. Never got a ride in on the bike with it going. So I may rebuild it... Have a 38 pilot and 102 main in ATM bike is running better but still boys down when you snap the throttle will have a play today and see what works best with what I've got

Sounds exactly like what mine was doing but it was at 1/4ish throttle.

currently ive got a #40 pilot and #100 main and still on the middle clip.
Hasn't been ridden since i got it running without the miss so no fine tuning has been done, can be a prick to start but i put that down to it sitting on a stand for weeks/months at a time.

Latest posts

Back