Old forum compared to new Forum. Poll

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you prefer the old setup or this one?

• Total voters

mad man

Reaction score
Hey guys i was wondering who liked it the way it use to be with the forum? at www.pocket-rocket-racing.com.au? i like the layout of this but i prefer the old one. What are your thoughts and i really think they should delete the mid size bike section and just make it a general mini bike bit.

:) what do u recon?? like dislike

I don't mind the new setup...

Only a couple of minor things annoy me, no doubt they'll be sorted out as the site matures, or I'll get used to them :p ...

The font used for the time and date at the top of posts could do with being a different colour to make it easier to read...

The icons used on the forum main page to show new posts could do with modifying/changing so at a glance it's easier to see which sections have new posts...
forum_old.gif

forum_new.gif

Maybe rearange the order of the mini forums on the main page so the more popular ones are at the top... maybe "Mini chat" and "Tech" at the top of the list...

Other than that it all looks good,

Its alright, as flick said, a few little things like the location of sub forums, the amount of sub forums (do we need all 317 of them?)

and the quicky reply

"Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply."

maybe it should be rephrased:
"Please click the 'go' icon in the posts above to activate Quick Reply."

other than this just needs a little getting used to and it'll feel like home again ;-)

IMO
-The name is brilliant
-The Layout and forum selection is brilliant
-This forum will bring many new and knowlegable members
-The earthy colours are great but a little too dark. Dark forums are a little hard on the eyes and buttons and lines are hard to distinguish.

Hey Guys I will Look into This stuff ASAP.

The Colours Both Admin and I Agreed on as It Brings out The Earthy feel.

I will get onto the Buttons, New Posts Icons, The Quick Reply Thing (Hopefully will not have to click anything), And Also for the People thinking to many Sub Forums. This Forum is Not Only for the PBR Users. Its a Whole new forum just from the same People. Hopefully the Forum Will Bring Owners of Midsized Bikes, Z Bikes, CRF/XR50's, Etc.

By Spreading things out it makes it alot easier for people to choose what they Want to read. Some People may only be Interested in Midsized bikes and would not really like looking through 2 or 3 Sub forums for the Info there after.

Remember Mad Man, Its The EXACT Same forum just spread out Different, Same users and will soon be alot more so alot more info and help.

FLICK, I Agree On the Time and Date text. Will Get This changed to a lighter colour asap.

Keep The suggestions coming guys, We're Here to make this the Best Aussie Mini forum out. So your Opinions will be heard.

Yeah, i agree about puting them to the top. I also am geting use to the brown dirty off road fealing of the site. I think there will be many more people joining this forum soon. This site will turn out to be like PBR forum. Very well soon some one will be wanting to advertise on the forum. One thing i have to say...what about the sponcer, um what is it called the people that sell those bse's or monsoons or whatever they are. I think you need to put there advert in. Umm that is about all. Forums r fun man..

Latest posts

Back