Ooops - disaster narrowly avoided!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_bard

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was taking the bike for a test spin around the yard, and suddenly the throttle stuck open and it started making a really weird sound. No major problem I was only in 1st gear so i turned it off and pulled the carb.
I don't have an air filter at the moment so I had been using a piece of rag zip-tied over the inlet (come on - you've all done it... no... just me then :eek: ). It looked like it had fallen off.

20150722_145748_zpsn7gwvgvw.jpg

20150722_145757_zpstfdfotsj.jpg

20150722_145812_zpscmmoatrr.jpg

It had somehow gotten past the throttle slide and luckily gotten stuck on the butterfly valve. I don't want to know how much damage it would have done if it got into the intake valve...
Needless to say the next time I do this I'll make sure to do the zip-tie up tight!

What is all that blue **** in there man ? I think u can get decent air filter off eBay for like 5 bucks bro!

Sent from my HTC_M8x using Tapatalk

Oh now I see.. it's the rag, haha the engine sucked it in. Lol lucky u were I. First when it stuck dude! One time u had a new pit bike I paid like 700 for was brand new and the throttle stuck in like second and I had no time to react and was going for a heap of scrap metal so I just jumped off it! Lol the bike hit a sheet of metal like a ramp and smashed into the shed!! A cracked case later I sold the bike for 500. As I didn't know much about repairing bikes then, and I thought it was fked.

Sent from my HTC_M8x using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back