Opinions: Thumpstar vs xmoto?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the higher quality bike?

• Xmotos 2010 model

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alwayscurious

Reaction score
HI there. You might remember my boy and I did up a great little project a 125 Orion. Eventually we sold it, and he's saved up for another bike

He's got his heart set on a 90-110cc semi-automatic (not comfortable with the clutch yet).

We've found 2 in his price range - both need a tidy up but say they're running sweet.

1: Xmoto 90cc 4spd auto - "pro series" about 2-3 years old. $400

2: Thumpster 90cc 4spd auto - 2006 model - $350

Both need new plastic rear guard.

Besides price.. what are your opinions on which would be a better buy?

Kind Regards
always curious

Can you link the bikes or provide any pics mate, there is heaps of different x-motos and thumpster would cover most of all chinese pitbikes without seeing a particular model:)

The xmoto seems to look okay, i think the bars are bent, but back to the bike if the young fella is just a trail rider and does NOT jump then it should be fine, Things i would be concerned about before purchasing is, is the frame bent, this is the weaker style frame and i would be looking on the spine of the frame from the forks to the swingarm for any cracks or stress fractures, also check the oil level and see what colour it is and if it is low, put your finger inside the tip of the exhaust and check for any oil residue, if all is good it should only be a build up of black carbon and not wet from oil. Allround looks okay but is hard to tell from a pic. So for a lad who just wants to ride trails and have some fun and not jump and all things seem fine then it should be okay. Would like to see the other if possible. Do you have photobucket, you can upload from your phone.

The little red one apart from sun fading and the dodgy little BMX style bars on it looks okay, a set of crf50 style plastics should bolt straight on to it, it to has the old style frame but being 10" wheels there would be less stress on it as everything about it is in perspective, where as the xmotos looks like the front rake on the forks is out of proportion, the same things apply for this bike also as i mentioned on the other post, this bike runs a drum brake setup on the rear but that is not a bad thing, you can still get the pads and the front brake pads also. I quite like the red bike, but it depends on his height and if he wants a larger 14"- 12" tyre package or a 10" tyre package. But i reckon the 2nd bike looks good and has been looked after better besides it looking sun faded, but this is just my opinion if somebody else would like to help guide or comment i would appreciate there advice for you also.

thanks mate. we're not worried about the plastics. can get them easy. Just want to know which one's more quality/ sounds like the Thumpster is the one in your opinion. Anyone else got something to say?

PS he's 9 years old, not too tall. weighs about 40 kg or so.

Cool, despite the age difference of the bikes the red one just looks sturdier and more like a pit bike where the xmotos is out of proportions a little and with the longer wheel base is prone to a frame becoming stressed. Happy to help mate, good luck and let us know which way ya end up going.

yeah the thumpstar looks a lot better than the xmoto but cosmetic is pretty easy to fix up i'd get the thumpstar out of them two.

id go the red one. looks heaps better and id say it would hold up better as rotn50 said everything is the right size!!!!!

top stuff mate, looks like the right choice also considering his height, bet he is wrapped, i think he deserves his owm miniriders account now.

Yep she's a ripper. Back tyre was pretty shafted though!! Bang! Tube gone
And the tyre is rotten through lack of use.

Question. Where in Brisbane to get a good cheap tyre 10x2.5" and tube?? Cheers alwayscurious.

Small wheel deals, not sure if there brissy or sunny, but alot of boys go there.

Latest posts

Back