Out Of air FIlter Oil can you Use any Oil>??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aztech

Reaction score
im out of oil for my air filter and cant make it to the shop b4 i go riding on the weekend>?

Well it'll be better to use any oil rather than no oil, but it won't be anywhere near as good at catching the dust as proper filter oil. for one ride you should get away with it.

aHh kk kooLl its got filter oil on it but its reall dirty and due for a clean but i got no oil i just leave it as is lol untill i get some lol. thanks for your help

Massage some light oil in, pretty simple.

One of the other members (cactus jack i think) suggested using vegatable oil so its able to be cleaned in the kitchen sink. It sounds like a good idea to me and I will use it nest time i clean mine.

lol i think i'll just try make it to bikes plus before it closes lol other wise it can stay lol:D plus i need a plug dont want it to foul up on me at the track

You can get filter oil at supa cheap or any auto store (or woolworths if you try vegatable oil).

Ahhh k thanks for that but i just get it form there becuase i need to get a plug anyways thanks ill try it next time

I used to use old engine oil. It would do the job, but really clogs the filter up and chokes the engine. Probably goot for keeping the engine clean, but not good for performance. filter oil you can get for 20 bucks. I haven't tried it yet, but I've been told it'll make it break a lot better.

to be honest i dont oil up my pitty filter

i re-oil my yz's after every second ride fu#k i get messy but i end up with blue sticky oil all over myself:)

dude we just use normal oil lol, dads been doing it for 30 years and no probs yet lol.

lol its not for my pitty i sold it lol its for my yz lol and i just got some filter oil fuk it get's messy. Best way to oil your filter is to put oil on the filter put the filter in a plastic bag and smudge it around works best for me and keep your hands clean .:D

Latest posts

Back