Over newbies "Which bike to buy" questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorman

Admin "The Cougar"
Reaction score
I think it's about time we started a new thread on what bikes to buy for your budget.

****en over the countless threads "Is this atomic all right".

Might work tonight at making one up. That way we can just refer people to the thread rather than explaining the same shit over and over and over and over................................

Something along the lines of:

Cash Saved:

$1000:
$1400: DHZ140 (CRF70)
$1500:
$2000: Revmx/DHZ
$2500:Cini 175
$3000:
$3500: Pitsterpro
$8000 - $15000 ridiculous CRF50 or KLX110

Be a good way to endorse sponsors as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
damn fine idea baz... but your in trouble if you put the cini in the 3500 category :D

damn fine idea baz... but your in trouble if you put the cini in the 3500 category :D

:LolLolLolLol: Just had a guess.

Just need a few bikes to fill the gaps up.

Anyone please feel free to add your reccommendations.

well you know I'll say under $1000 go teh nitrous :p
probly need a quick review of each bike and a link cuz if you wanna put something like tdr/motox in the $400 category then you wanna make damn sure readers know they're absolute garbage

well you know I'll say under $1000 go teh nitrous :p
probly need a quick review of each bike and a link cuz if you wanna put something like tdr/motox in the $400 category then you wanna make damn sure readers know they're absolute garbage

The idea I want to get across is that ANY bike brought for under 1 grand gerneally speaking is just not worth it by the time you upgrade everything.

People see a cheap bike for $600 and they think they can do it up over time but it will always cost a lot more down the track.

might be worth chucking the pitpro 140's and bigfoots in the $1200-1400 category. they're shite, but probably worth a mention as well.
Just keep Mxgirl out of the thread...
starting to shit me with her bashing of other brands, and pushing of ciniworx when they arent a site sponsor...

might be worth chucking the pitpro 140's and bigfoots in the $1200-1400 category. they're shite, but probably worth a mention as well.
Just keep Mxgirl out of the thread...
starting to shit me with her bashing of other brands, and pushing of ciniworx when they arent a site sponsor...

Sounds like a site problem nothin to do with me :banana:

but yeah it's a bit blatent

But without questions like them , this forum would slowly die and have nothing to talk about lol...

I stopped answering any questions got to do with "which cheap nasty ebay crapper should i get" , a couple weeks after i signed up .....

Okay guys,

I have setup a new thread under Mini Forums

No one can see this thread at present as I want to set it up properly from the start.

I will makeup a rough layout but will need some help with the finer details.

People can access the link here directly here:

Which Bike To Buy? - Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Just let me get started then you guys can finish it off.

gotta disagree there thump... pitpro 140's n shit are the same as nitrouses just with a bigger price tag.... pitpro bigfoots are the same as atomik reign's with a bigger pricetag
but pitpro XR's (KLX) are probly the only thing that aren't atomiks , but yeh they still suck and the price is insane and pretty close to dHZ... so in the end all pitpro's are overpriced crap and there is always a better alternative at a better price

gotta disagree there thump... pitpro 140's n shit are the same as nitrouses just with a bigger price tag.... pitpro bigfoots are the same as atomik reign's with a bigger pricetag
but pitpro XR's (KLX) are probly the only thing that aren't atomiks , but yeh they still suck and the price is insane and pretty close to dHZ... so in the end all pitpro's are overpriced crap and there is always a better alternative at a better price

This is what we need to work out. Personally, I wouldn't reccommend an atomic or pitpro full stop.

i hate to say it, coz i hate magazines that only tell readers about stuff that has paid to be in it

but may have to stick with DHZ / pitsterpro & Revmx for this list or sponsors may get upset

I se where ya coming from motorman BUT kids will always be buying shit bikes.... no matter how many times they get told they're still gonna be a market for $500 bikes... the way I se eit we may as well help them choose the right pile of crap because there's a huge difference in quality with the under $1000 bikes... there's some bikes selling for $1500 that can be had for $700.... and bikes selling for $800 that can be had for $500

I reckon it'd be good to have a "REAL" bikes recommendations list... with bikes that are actually worth owning....
then have a shit list.... with a huge warning not to buy the bikes... but for those that can't be told the list will show them which shitbox is better

I se where ya coming from motorman BUT kids will always be buying shit bikes.... no matter how many times they get told they're still gonna be a market for $500 bikes... the way I se eit we may as well help them choose the right pile of crap because there's a huge difference in quality with the under $1000 bikes... there's some bikes selling for $1500 that can be had for $700.... and bikes selling for $800 that can be had for $500

I reckon it'd be good to have a "REAL" bikes recommendations list... with bikes that are actually worth owning....
then have a shit list.... with a huge warning not to buy the bikes... but for those that can't be told the list will show them which shitbox is better

Spot on Rip. We need a REAL bike reccomendations list.

I get where you are coming from as well, but if we as a community can steer people away from dodgy bikes, I think it's win win for everyone.

I'm going to try and get to this tonight. I will make some reccomendations up and get everyone to take a look at the thread before opening it up to everyone.

Need to come to some consensus on which bikes to choose. I will try and start what I think are good bikes and we can nut it out from there.

Here's an idea Barryman...
How bout your initial post contains sponsors bikes...
we can leave "other" brands up to general members, that way MR mods wont be seen to be promoting non-sponsors scooters....

Latest posts

Back