painting my shock spring

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan12590

Reaction score
hi guys ive got a fastace rear shock that blew up and is unfixable so i want to use the spring on my new shock and i want to paint it white like the motovert shocks (how good do they look!) and im wondering what type of paint to use i was thinking viynl and material paint as it is very flexible and long lasting does any one know of a paint that would be better?

most paints will work, dont go with anything like a 2pac based paint as this has hardner and will really mess stuff up.

anything with a little more flex, then you can add a few coats of clear for a nice shine.

Cheers, Tony.

well im trying a no brand paint atm and ive got a can of gloss clear as well if this truns out shit then im gonna hunt around for something better if anyone has done this or tried it can you post the name of the paint you used

Painting is all in the prep work... Doesn't realy matter what paint you use as long as the surface is really really clean, and dont forget to sand it and prime it. Otherwise it'll just chip off with ease.

well its all sprayed and it looks crap up close its not the paint though its stupid me who rushed it and didnt clean all the paint off under the white well im taking it in to my mechanics tommrow to see if i can sandblast it properly then ill try it again

Latest posts

Back