painting swingarm

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormin_norman

Reaction score
i made the mistake of riding around a salt lake in the mud and now my swingarm coating has started to get rust marks on it, it looks terrible has anyone painted there swingarms or tried to sandblast the chrome like coating off them.

if it is a chrome coated swingarm piss it off and get a alloy one.but if you can't afford a good one sand the old one as best you can then use etch primer before you paint.just use $2 paint because you will have to touch it up after every scrape.

yeah i did the mxb one, with undercoat. and with light light sandpaper after 10mins when the undercoat has dried sandpaper it lightly.. and then 10mins after sanding, spray your swing arm , let it dry for 10mins n then repeat twice.. if must and should come otu brand new :D

yeah i did the mxb one, with undercoat. and with light light sandpaper after 10mins when the undercoat has dried sandpaper it lightly.. and then 10mins after sanding, spray your swing arm , let it dry for 10mins n then repeat twice.. if must and should come otu brand new :D

Stupidability is right , if its a chrome coated swing arm and your that worried about it get rid of it for an alloy 1 . There not that dear from dhz . Im a painter and unless you get the chrome coating off no matter how good you rub it and how good the etch primer is it will come off quickly. even if you do sand blast it and paint it right ittl show every scuff mark . hope that helps Cheers

Latest posts

Back