Performance Mods

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys..

In my opinion This electric motor would not genarate enough pressure to effectively increase much power..

Although look at worst it may increase your airflow..:)

A turbo is very possible on 125cc...I have seen a Postie bike Running aroung with a turbo on it.(Hoda CT 110)..

I have tried to google but cant find:(

kingy01 said:
Hey guys

just wondering what type of performance mods are out there for the el'chepo orions and the like? and can you buy them online? Ive looked all over the net and cant find anything that would really make too much of a difference to the performance any ideas??

Behind the gearshift lever is there a code? The engine code where ever it is should tell us the bore of the ducar motor. I suspect it will be 52.4mm. Now if thats the case there is a High compression piston that should fit straight in. Also if some one can post up a picture of a cam out of one there is very likely a racing cam for it as well. These two items can be sourced overseas by any one with a credit card or paypal account. About $200 - $250 is my guestimate. If you wait a couple months I think some local guys may start to stock this stuff. But you're going to have to start pulling these motors apart to take measurements of parts and someone who owns one is going to have to do some experimenting. The dealers with Ducars are obviously doing no R & D and if there are any on here they're not posting any specs for us.

Now if you find you can fit these parts, the gains in horspower is huge. But we just don't know how the Ducar will stand up. So if the dealers won't experiment the owners have to.

the cams are here, the pistons are here etc etc. just pm me and i can supply this to you.

Hey guys back from holidays

I Had a look for that code, and may have possibly found it ....
Dj154FMI
*060181952*
the little stars were on the end so i put them in, in case they were important so if that helps at all ill look forward to testing out these bits & Peices.

One last question, with the breather mod do i still need to do that if i have one of those little hoses out the back near the shock? the one that everyone says needs to be undone b4 riding because that feels like it releases alot of preassure. ta

Dirt Bikez & Pocket B, thats not a 'turbo charger' just an electric fan blowing some air into your carby. Whether or not its got enough power to do anything i dont know. Proper turbo charger is an air pump driven by a turbine, blown by your exhaust... alot harder to setup than a computerfan but definantly do-able.

Dirt Bikez & Pocket B, thats not a 'turbo charger' just an electric fan blowing some air into your carby. Whether or not its got enough power to do anything i dont know. Proper turbo charger is an air pump driven by a turbine, blown by your exhaust... alot harder to setup than a computerfan but definantly do-able.

That fan thingy will do didly squat, except ruin the tuned length of your inlet manifold.

The code you posted kingy tells us that your engine has a bore of 54mm and so you can search for 54mm and larger pistons of the high compression variety and if your serious fit a cam and have the head ported. PM macca and see what he's got to offer.

I'm looking into getting a 37tooth rear sprocket. But if they make the bike's performance better, why don't all the dealers make their bikes come stock with them?

THE DUCAR MOTOR 125CC, as suggested somewhere on this thread, will not cost $60 to do a port job on. The intake will need to be welded up, and the intake milled on correct angle to make a power gain. Also, valves will need to be reprofiled and re-heat treated. Not much you can do to the exhaust without radical head surgery. after this, it'll need to be milled flat again.

DO NOT bother taking your head to a bike shop, i suspect they'll generally just open the ports with a die grinder, and give you back a piece of shit... Dont port match the base of the inlet to the head either, unless you want to lose flow. -send heads to reputable head reco shops (even then, many will say no, or may not have performance knowledge to suit.)

hope this helps... (or doesn't?)

Last edited:
Ignorance can sometimes be bliss, sometimes expensive and sometimes fun. Here is my ignorance: Optimal air fuel ratio is around 14.7/1 for a petrol engine.
A 125 engine will take 125cc of air /fuel per rev. I think that works out at around 233 litres per minute is sucked into an engine without assistance at 4000 rpm. To improve performance these little fans on e-bay would need to move more than 234 litres per minute ( more than a 44 gallon (200 l) drum . I don't think the fan on my pc could blow up a baloon in a minute let alone fill a 44 gallon drum.
Just my random thoughts after a hard day at the office.
:{)

thats very interesting indeed. man i love this forum, learn so much stuff from here. thanks guys!!

Cheers, Tony.

..... so anyone built a ducar motor yet? someone tell me what cam i can throw in it...?!?! Macka? the biggest problem with the ducar (and indeed a lifan) 27mm inlet 23 ex head is that you can port it beautifully for massive power, yet the camshaft gives away the power... say a g2 crower cam needed, but does it fit a ducar? Hmmmmm thought for food and so forth...

Latest posts

Back