Perimeter custom build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking realy good what colour??

Going for a silver color have seen it on another bike with this frame and it looks nice
will look good with graphics and stuff i have a fairly good picture in my head

and for carlts

i wouldn't mind black but I've seen it before and i can almost let you know it will look so bad with the graphics i want XD

Going for a silver color have seen it on another bike with this frame and it looks nice
will look good with graphics and stuff i have a fairly good picture in my head

and for carlts

i wouldn't mind black but I've seen it before and i can almost let you know it will look so bad with the graphics i want XD

Id look around for more colour ideas. Black is common yeah, but looks great. But whats the main colour you see when they are not black?

Silver..

Yeah i know but black looks i don't no how to explain it lol

these are probably the gayest bikes your going to see but

http://www.pitsterpropitbikes.com/kms/2005.JPG

and yeah i know it has a black engine

cause I'm trying to go for the bbr klx look but keeping it in my own way

but thanks for the ideas i have till the end of this week to search up and think about it

and with my frame you see 70% of the frame

so really black would be a bit to much?

Hey Man here is an example of a black gloss podercoated frame, its from motoxxx's thread:

http://www.miniriders.com/chinese-minis/19618-got-my-frame-back-powder-coaters.html

Here is the frame before being assembled.... looks schmick and photos never do these things justice!!!

100_0508.jpg

100_0507.jpg

Here it is assembled with the bike:

100_0647.jpg

Here is an example of a perimeter klx with a black bbr frame:

BBR-KLX110-Raikonen_side1.jpg

At the end of the day however its up to you... its your bike and your the one thats gonna be looking and riding it :) so whatever you think will work and look good... go for it!!! after all its your custom build mate.

Carlton

Heym Man

I would highyl recommend magik sc... the guys do a great job and the prices are awesome

Lol yeah there awesome but when you say the prices are awesome i look twice lol but that's my opinion id rather pay 139 then getting homo rockstar any way lol so yeah nah there good

Ok guys slow progress but the frame is finally done! just finished cut n polishing it and it has come up awesome i used jet black acrylic lacquer and has surprised me how well it came up i got a pic and hopefully in the next week or two i can start building it back to a rolling chassis

also i would like to thank everyone for there ideas, constructive criticism, and support

so here is the pic:

22260621137158222548510.jpg

Also sanded down and polished my fly wheel cover for the looks:

22953921137279889203010.jpg

Thats come up really nicely mate. Should look beast when its all together!!!.

Carlton

Thats come up really nicely mate. Should look beast when its all together!!!.

Carlton

yeah man looks pretty damn good just need to get a new rear axle because its now the shape of a banana

Update!

Hey guys got a rolling frame with engine everything wired up
before i can ride i need a new rear axle new clutch cable i need some taller bars cause these ones are a pain in the ass to ride with and a new chain and some fuel line

questions:

i want to know where i can get a decent sized rear sprocket I'm looking for 45tooth to 50 but haven't found any at all in this size

also would like some feed back on carbies I was going to go the oko 26mm flat slide but id thought id ask what else would you recommend i wouldn't be spending any more then 250 on a carb so just letting you know

also would like to know were you can buy excel rims (all one peace so a whole wheel)
and how much would i need to spend

Mods to come:
-New carb(at the moment I'm going the oko 26mm flatslide)
-High tensile 15mm axles
-Graphics from magiksc
-Taller protaper bars
-Larger rear and smaller front sprocket
-Marzocchi shivers if not gpx labels
-DNM rear shock might go the elka
-Genuine bbr exhaust system hopefully get one 2nd hand at a reasonable price
-New fuel cap (nothing special)
-Flat foam seat
-New rims excel(if not ill just go standard)
-New swing arm
-Bash plate(i need some help with this please give me info on one that will fit)
-ASV fold back levers

And ill add some more later on:)

Pictures:

img0496jl.jpg

img0495zx.jpg

looking nice mate may i reconmend a carb adapter so the carb sits better and u carnt get a rear sprocket that big if u are after higher gearing go a 16 front and a 39 rear or a 37 good luck with it

one of these Red Engine Adaptor Plate | Mini Bikes | Pitbikes | Dirt Bike Parts & Accessories | DHZ Mini Moto

Yeah thanks mate might have to get the adapter and also Michael blose 2011 bike runs a 45 rear

hes spec:

Final Drive
SPROCKET 45TH/PSB 16TH CHAIN 420

so I'm trying to figure out where i can get one that size

forth gear would be like 1st with that gearing just saying mate!!

i wouldn't think so but anyway i might go different then -.-

but i wont more bottom end power i want the bike to come out of corners a bit better

hey guys thought id "update my build thread"

and show you what my TDR TURNED INTO!!! lol ;)

got this baby on sunday for $1200

pitster pro lxr160r:

mod list:

tb 170cc bore kit
tb v2 race head
jetted oko 26mm flatslide carb
(now has)orange pillow top grips
bridgestone tires
rk chain
uni pod filter
inner rotor kit

and other small things

more mods will be coming soon after i think what im gonna get for it

defiantly need a new left fork guard and also rear sprocket as it is cracked a bit

no way man! :eek: so jealous! how did you get it so cheap??? wikid bike for that price mate

Latest posts

Back