Perimeter frame exhaust.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittybum

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I bought a H-Bomb exhaust for my 06 provert and it doesn't fit as the provert has a perimeter style frame. I am going to bend the exhaust and was just wondering if anyone has done this before.

If so, how did you go about it?
Did you run it through the frame, or did you bend it around the frame?

Thanks.

You have to slide it through.

330-BBR-5020.jpg

Last edited:
hmm, im not sure that it will fit... there is no way i can get it in there with the back shock on. Ill take it off and see if I can get it to fit.

The only way to get the H-bomb to fit the frame is take to a exhaust shop and see if they can mod it to fit. I've got a 06 provert to so let use know how you go with it because i don't know if i should get one made up from scratch or buy one and mod it.:)

you must be able to get it through the frame where the old one went (with modifacation of course)

Yeah that's what I'm guessing. But the tube is a bit larger so it may have to be flattened a little so it doesn't rub against the shock.

Yeah that's what I'm guessing. But the tube is a bit larger so it may have to be flattened a little so it doesn't rub against the shock.

Yep. Here is another pic for some ideas...
kx450f-06-right.jpg

i dont know what you should do but try custom ( he is a guy in the forum not custom as in customize) , i think he was making up some custom pipes for his Z50

^^^^ what he said ,did this yrs ago to fix a pipe on my old jeep

i also wet the sand a lil to get it to pack in better
just fill with sand finer the better wet it down with water not dripping just moist ,then heat where u want the bend (as you would have marked it first with metal marker ) then heat and bend in vice ,the sand will stop the pipe from folding in the weakest point and place the load evenly over the bend .

let cool then remove sand and test ,if fits sweet if not just redo
dont over heat 1 spot spread the heat out over the bend area

good luck ,or u could sell me the pipe as i need a new 1

If you fill with wet sand don't block both ends of the pipe give room for pressure expansion or else you will be in a world of hurt as the could explode, I don't know exactly how a itchy did it without the sand wanting to push out one end of the pipe (maybe he will go more into detail) but I recommend taking measurements and taking to exhaust shop for proper bends.

If you fill with wet sand don't block both ends of the pipe give room for pressure expansion or else you will be in a world of hurt as the could explode, I don't know exactly how a itchy did it without the sand wanting to push out one end of the pipe (maybe he will go more into detail) but I recommend taking measurements and taking to exhaust shop for proper bends.
This thread was last commented on nearly 5 years ago mate, its all good just dont think you will get an answer from the people in question, cheers

Latest posts

Back