pet cock

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

legine

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know how to fix a leaking pet cock on a 110cc bike.
it is screwed in all the way(really tight)but it leaks out and dripps petrol all over the engine, NEED HELP !!!!!
Or does anyone know where i can get a new pet cock?
Thnx, Daniel

Cheapest option go to the plumbing department in Bunnings and get some teflon tape or alternatively go to an auto spares place and buy some proper sealant.

Chances are even if you replace that one the new one will leak as well

hey guys ive fixed this problem with my mates bike and even mine, i know it sounds funny but i used blue tack and put it tightly around the petcock. it hasnt leaked since and this was a few months ago. or u can go for a industrial sealant which are not cheap. id go with the blue tack idea, IT WORKS!! :lol:

its not the petcock that is the problem its the hol in the tank where the petcock goes in, it somehow gets bigger so the petcock gets abit looser and leaks, these chinese bikes seen to do it all the time, you can try get a bigger size petcock. :?

Is a petcock the part that comes out of the bottom of the gas tank that the fuel line hooks on to? If it's leaking from the fuel line because it's not tight enough put a hose clamp on it.

nah its the same problem i had where its leaking from the hole the petcock goes in the tank. :shock:
where can i get some hose clamps from??

401 silicon industrial strength...bunnings...its a ''must have'' item.its tough as nails,and will hold up to fuel and mad ass temps!!! i thinks it costs about $10...and lasts 4 ever.

orange silicone is fuel and oil resistant the black silicone commonly called "gasket goo" is only good for oil no fuel our petcock is leaking from poor designers with too much clearnace between the petcock and nut and shit rubber seal that is the wrong size if urs is leaking from the tank go buy a roll of thread tape cost $0.50c a roll wrap atlease 5-6 times than screw in tightly should solve ur problem

yeah i had the same prob on my bike and i fixed it with blu tac and masking tape and this was a while ago and still no prob. :D

i used silicon on my sccoter tank but the petrol ate it away maybe i didnt use the industrial strength stuff :?

yeah i had the same prob on my bike and i fixed it with blu tac and masking tape and this was a while ago and still no prob.

i used silicon on my sccoter tank but the petrol ate it away maybe i didnt use the industrial strength stuff
do u read before u post? check what i said :wink:

Latest posts

Back