Piccolo builds a mini carrier

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cass38a

Reaction score
Hi boys and girls, here is a few shots us building a Minibike Carrier for Piccolo. He is getting his new bike this weekend and needed a way to cart it. Its not finished yet a few small finishing touches and its going to get tail lights and a number plate. Cost so far is only $60- worth of steel and a couple of enjoyable hours in my shed last night. What do you think.

000_0427.jpg
[/IMG]
000_0425.jpg
[/IMG]
000_0428.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
biggest problem with those is if you have a small car the load capacity in downward weight is only 80ish kilo's. (small cars being barina's, astra's etc..) with the bike, distance from car to actual holder, bounce while driving etc etc... the weight comes it at a max payload of something similar to 135kgs, more than exceeding the towbar mount, hence why so many cars return to the towbar shop as their towbar mount has been dropped significantly or fallen off completly. i hope he has a bigish car (station wagon, sedan)

fingers crossed for ya boys,

Cheers, Tony.

He has a BA Falcon so it shouldn't cause any major problems and it is well made so it shouldnt fall off in a hurry. The biggest problem we can see is if somebody runs up his arse and stuffs his bike.

yeah it wouldnt be a problem on a car like that, no worries at all. their a great little carrier if your car is capable. wish i had a decent car for one :S..

Very usfull if you don't have a ute!!

I would weld a small barrier sort of thing on the side though, so if the bike starts to tip it doesnt fall out!

I don't have a ute so I usually just ride my mini to where I need to take it. :D

It will look better when it has Piccolo's bike in it. His bike will be heaps better than my test dummy MSO.

I cant wait to get my new mso elite on sunday im sure that the bike carryer wont fall apart or brake it extra heavy duty but im still going to trailor it home the 300 km from sydney as i need to do a few things to it yet like some lights and im going to order a bike rack number plate from rta it only cost $30 so it will keep the cops off my back

Nice work there fella's. Hey, you got three phase power in your shed at home?

I did have 3 phase power until about a year ago, I disconected it when I built a new house and havent got around to getting it reconected. Its a shame because Ive got plenty of equipmet that is out of action. I had plans for a new shed but I ran out of cash.

and where did u get the mold 4 the front and back tyre?
cheers

Steel cost was about $60 - $70 and it took about 3 hours to make. The channel for the wheels is 3mm checker plate folded to suit.

Latest posts

Back