Picked up a pitbike.. What is it?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shockeruti

Reaction score
Picked this up today. The guy said he thought it was a "Tao Tao". Where/what parts can I use on this thing?

image_zps587725ea.jpg

image_zps376469c8.jpg

image_zpsfca52e8c.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Lets just settle this and say welcome to china, and you have a china crf50 style pitbike, The rear rim looks like the newer style due to the brake disc, but the rest looks like the older style, the conventional forks and the old skool(dont jump to much) frame where very common 5-10 year ago but in saying that you can still buy brand new chinas with the old style stuff but are very basic and really a good learning bike but dont like much abuse.
Welcome to miniriders buddy, you def came to the right place to learn about it.

Thanks for the replies guys. I basically got it to chase the kiddo when he's on his pw50 and his pocket bike. I only paid 180 bucks for it, but it does need alittle work to say the least. I'm assuming crf50 parts will work on this for the most part?

Yes mate crf50 style bits mainly. It will be fine for running around with after the young fella.

thanks rotn50. cleaned it up a little yesterday, turns out underneath the seat cover is an actual real honda seat LOL. The motor had a serial/model number buy the shifter. the model # was tzh157fmi and it has a metal gas tank.

I ran into another problem tho, There is no mount for the muffler, no evidence of one ever being there in the first place. the pipe thats on there is rigged with a worm clamp. Is this normal on the imports?

I reckon it's an old atomic and like Hills said and you found out with some Honda parts. Seat, fuel tank and exhaust. I did one up a while ago for the wife.

E398DB7D-99EE-4AE3-A7CB-4D96C609543D-799-000000F3EE8BE568_zpsd7e91b96.jpg

Same swinga, tyres,triple clamps, shocks, frame

thanks rotn50. cleaned it up a little yesterday, turns out underneath the seat cover is an actual real honda seat LOL. The motor had a serial/model number buy the shifter. the model # was tzh157fmi and it has a metal gas tank.

I ran into another problem tho, There is no mount for the muffler, no evidence of one ever being there in the first place. the pipe thats on there is rigged with a worm clamp. Is this normal on the imports?

Seeing the metal fuel cap I thought it might have been a metal tank but had not seen one before on a China I though I might have been dreaming lol.

Depending what day it is and also what Chinaman is building your bike, I have seen some small parts like the exhaust mount bracket missing before, weld a bracket on yourself is the go. But 99% of the time there is a bracket.

Latest posts

Back