Piston questions etc?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjc85

Reaction score
Ok, just wanting to clarify a few things.

I know piston sizes come in like half millimetre increments, but for the Lifan and Jialing (GPX) what size pistons do you need for standard bore? And could you not get way with .5mm smaller piston?

And a Jialing has a 13mm wrist pin and Lifan 14mm wrist pin, correct?

And without me pulling my motor apart can anyone tell me what size wristpin the Motovert Outlaw motor has?

Cheers
Mitch

all types of engines have different dimensions for both the piston and wrist pin and length of the bore
so youd either have to pull it apart and measure or someone that has would have to tell you or maybe you could get the specs off their website but each engine has its own dimensions usually.

you can't get away with the .5 because it will have some play in the barel, when it goes up and down it rubs against the cylinder making it wear away - further down the track you will have less compression and loss of power, it will work but

Yes the jailing has 13mm pin, lifan has 14mm pin and new lifan 140's have 15mm pin

I would hazard a guess at 14mm pin for your motor. What is the engine code near the shifter?

Latest posts

Back