Piston Rings

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Moto

Reaction score
Hey Everyone

I have a 125 Atomik and the rings are stuffed. I want to replace them but i first need a diagram of a 125cc DUCAR Engine.

If anyone has a diagram where all the parts are pulled apart so i can see how to change the piston rings would you please be able to post it.

Also if anyone has any information or help/advice for me it would be much appreciated.

This is my first time and im 14, but no-one is going to help me thats why i need the diagram just incase i stuff something up...

Is there a chance i will accidentally stuff anything up?? like valve clearance, timing, etc?

Thanks in advance, Sorri about all the questions...

mini MOTO

ummm probably yes i would take it to a mechanic if i was you,
i have no idea on how much it would cost but you could also check the price on how much it would cost for a mechanic to do it and it may be cheaper to buy a fresh motor off ebay for around $250.

Hey yeh i asked a mechanic and he wants $230 to change the piston rings but my dad said that if i can get the diagram he would help me change it so if i can find it then i will get it done much much cheaper, coz he knows a fair bit about bikes and engines and stuff like that he used to be sorta a mechanic but he think that maybe bikes and cars will be different.

So if anyone has a picture of a ducar 125cc engine that is pulled apart please post it here..

Thanks

mini MOTO

no offense, but if you don't even know where the rings in the engine are... you probably shouldn't be doing it on your own.

Take the head and barrel off and all will become clear. Cars and bikes arnt much different. If in doubt get a manual for a Honda CRF 50 or a Z50 thats what the engines are based on

Latest posts

Back