Pit Bike Motor in ATV

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linc

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I just got a miniquad with a FYM 125 motor in it, same motor as the Guy-Cooper CR-III. It's for Youth ATV racing and when this thing hits the track it will kill all the 90cc 2st quads by a mile.......but I want more.

I really dont know much about these motors, there are so many brands....are they all compatible?. Is anyone familiar with the Guy-Cooper motor, are they strong?

I need to do some work on this as Oz ATV rules allow for a max of 115.5cc so I may just buy a 3 head 110 motor.....opinions.

Wo....sorry to hit you with all this at once.

Linc

Ok done some lookin and fond "GONGYU" on the cylinder, never heard of it.

Is it known by another name/brand? if I'm after some aftermarket parts what is it compatible with?. I've heard it's a Jailing and I've heard GPX.....just confused.:rolleyes:

Linc

need engine number, should be down near your shift shaft

hi, two of my mates have got these in there bikes one is a genuine Pitboss it has had a 138cc kit fitted it goes hard , the other is a 110 with 117cc kit goes good as well

Hey buddy I think you will find you can use a 110 3 valve top end....

Than it will kill all.

The top end comes from Ducar or such .Uses two valves for intake and one for exuaghst.

I dont really min what peopl say or there opinions..I have ridden both 2 v and 3 v on the same motor and the difference is mind boggling ...Torque is the main gain that you will see..

A couple of links on the cam chain maybe as difficult as it gets.

es1103veng_01.jpg

We dont have them in stock but its deffinately something to consider...Will not cost more than $200 as opposed to other mods...Well $$$

sympozium said:
need engine number, should be down near your shift shaft

FY152YMI
*06001944*

hope that helps, thanks heaps if you could find out for sure.:D

Linc

illusivedreams said:
Hey buddy I think you will find you can use a 110 3 valve top end....

Than it will kill all.

The top end comes from Ducar or such .Uses two valves for intake and one for exuaghst.

I dont really min what peopl say or there opinions..I have ridden both 2 v and 3 v on the same motor and the difference is mind boggling ...Torque is the main gain that you will see..

A couple of links on the cam chain maybe as difficult as it gets.

We dont have them in stock but its deffinately something to consider...Will not cost more than $200 as opposed to other mods...Well $$$

OK, thanks for the suggestion, you dont have em in stock; do you know where I can get one, or a whole motor?

Linc

I would not replace your motor which is same as Jialing or GPX with a Ducar. There are tons of kits for the GPX/Jialing. If you want quick directions and accurate advise on where to get what you need to lower the cubic capacity whilst retaining perfomance, post your request to http://www.planetminis.com/forum.php

Mack said:
I would not replace your motor which is same as Jialing or GPX with a Ducar. There are tons of kits for the GPX/Jialing. If you want quick directions and accurate advise on where to get what you need to lower the cubic capacity whilst retaining perfomance, post your request to http://www.planetminis.com/forum.php

Thanks......see ya there?

Linc

Latest posts

Back