Pit Bike Transmission

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pleho_mms

Reaction score
I've got a 50cc semi-auto pit bike engine, can I put gear box from that 50cc engine in 125cc manual lifan engine. Is shift drum or gears same in both?

Please help!

would the 50cc gbox hold up to the raw power of a 125cc lifan? that is the question. ;)
i dont think you would be able to, and even if you were, the clutch would wear alot quicker than it would normally. (on the 50cc). then you would have clunky gear changes, and it would get extremely hard to get into neutral... and you would have constant gear slips. trust me i am speaking from personal experience. it sucks. it was also partly because i neglected the bike for about 1/4 of its life, but none the less, its bad.
if i were you, i would consider buying a 125cc lifan engine new. for the price there not bad. heres a link:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-125C..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item337c6d5594&_uhb=1

that will ensure a reliable bike. as long as its run in well, and the maintenance is kept up, it will last you for ages, and most importantly will be reliable.

would the 50cc gbox hold up to the raw power of a 125cc lifan? that is the question. ;)
i dont think you would be able to, and even if you were, the clutch would wear alot quicker than it would normally. (on the 50cc). then you would have clunky gear changes, and it would get extremely hard to get into neutral... and you would have constant gear slips. trust me i am speaking from personal experience. it sucks. it was also partly because i neglected the bike for about 1/4 of its life, but none the less, its bad.
if i were you, i would consider buying a 125cc lifan engine new. for the price there not bad. heres a link:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-125C..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item337c6d5594&_uhb=1

that will ensure a reliable bike. as long as its run in well, and the maintenance is kept up, it will last you for ages, and most importantly will be reliable.

My gears are good but my shift fork is bent so it jumps out of gears, is shift drum same?

blender, pre sure they use the same bottom ends with a different crank on most manufacturers..

+1 all the smaller(up to 125) chinese engines i have pulled apart have had pretty much the same parts inside the cases

Latest posts

Back