pit bike wheel size

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monsterpitbike96

Reaction score
hey i have a 125cc pit bike with 12" wheel on the back and a 14" wheel on the front my swing arm is 406mm from start of swing arm to the end of the s/a there is a big gap when pulled back ill post a photo i was wondering if it would be good if i put a 14" rear wheel on the back so both wheels would be 14"

View attachment 5594

View attachment 5595

Last edited:
Every bike iv'e ever seen/played with has the same setup from roadies to dirt to trials. Motorbikes Always have a bigger front than the rear, dunno why, it just is what it is.

Every bike iv'e ever seen/played with has the same setup from roadies to dirt to trials. Motorbikes Always have a bigger front than the rear, dunno why, it just is what it is.

Apart from super moto 17" front and rear.

i have always been the the bigger front wheel is for better handling the the smaller back wheel means the bike doesnt need to work as hard to spin it....... well for road bikes atleast.

when it comes to dirtbikes/pitbikes a larger front wheel makes it handle better in rough terrain and a smaller back wheel is good for acceleration therefor why there is different sizes

Latest posts

Back