Pit Pro 125 Front Fork Problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-Force

Reaction score
hey fellas,

i have had my bike for about 6 months and all of a sudden the front forks dont rebound. they soak up the hit and then slowly rebound but not to proper position. if i put it on a stand and the front wheel is of the ground they go to full extention.

any help would be muchly appreciated
cheers

I know what your going through!

hi there mate, i own an elstar pit bike and it has usd forks the same as yours and yes this was a problem for me too. To sum it up for all of you the forks have oil in them and when the fork is compressed the oil squeezes through tiny holes in the plunger to the upper part of the fork. now the thicker the oil the stiffer the fork is and the slower it compresses. for the fork to rebound or return the the springs push the plunger back and the oil goes back to the other chamber. so the cure is to use a thin oil and that way the springs are strong enough to make the oil get sucked through the tiny holes called valves! the problem with this is the works will rebound properly and be springy again but it will be so soft the forks will be useless.
now if you want stiffer forks you use a thicker/heavier oil but then once the fork has been pressed down or stroked once and the oil has gone through the holes/valves the springs dont have the power to suck the thicker oil back through the valves!!!! so if your like me and want a good, stiff properly rebounding fork you need to use thick our and put in heavyer springs!! i hope that long summery helps, you may think why did they work before when the bike was new like mine did, its because the springs are cheap and they loose there torsion and just dont work. please send me back a reply to let me know if this helped!

thanks for the reply... just woundering where you got your stiffer springs from and what oil are you using?
thanks

man pit pros are shit bro i got a pipro 125 man i cracked the frame in 5 spots so a striped it down to nothin and repace EVERTHING there a great bike the engine if fine brakes fine replace the rest i did so my self and its great got dnm rear suspension fast ace front forks all the good shit

My springs.

i got my springs custom made by a friend.. and i dnt use fork oil i use a thick Automatic gearbox oil. honistly pitbikes are made for people under 12 who just want to putt around on the flat, i got a pitbike thinking it was a cheaper alternative to a jap bike but after a few rides i understood why people go for hondas, and yamahas they are just so much better and im stuck with mine for now but as soon as you can upgrade.

Latest posts

Back