Pit pro 140 running hot

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingers

Reaction score
Ok well yesterday i decided to take off the clutch cover on my 140, was curious as to what was behind there and i bent my gear selector shaft and was just checkin to see if anythin was damaged, not that it help, anyways i slowly started to turn the engine over and i noticed on the compression stroke there was a slight hissing sound and it was coming from up near the head, pretty sure its air flowing past the piston rings. When the engine is turned to nearly top dead center on the compression stroke it takes about 4 seconds for all compression to go.

So anyways i put it all back together and went for a quick ride today, was only riding for 30 min max, then thought i would spray some degresser on the case cause it had abit of oil on it and it stater to smoke cause the it was that hot, i could only keep my hand on it for 2 seconds then had to take it off, even the flywheel cover was too hot to touch

so im thinking my piston rings are shot and that when the fuel ignites that some of the gasses are going past the rings and thus heating up the oil?

am i right or am i completly off? any other suggestion to why it could be so hot?

The rings on my 140 went after not much use but i didn't notice it over heating.

Check if its blowing smoke when u initially rev it once warm.

Also check the valves clearance both mine and my cousins pitpros the valves were set wrong from factory (TOO TIGHT)

nah it doesnt blow smoke at all, seems to run fine and that but just gets bloddy hot, i'll do the valve clearances today anyway

they all make a hissing noise

they all get hot...

hmm why does my exhaust get hot???? i had it running for 6 hours up the bush and itgot no where near as hot as this, thanks anyway

when you bent ur gear leaver shaft did it squash the seal around it?
might be a dumb question but has it still got oil in it?
my mate lost all his oil when he bent his gear shaft

Latest posts

Back