Pit Pro Chain Roller

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Leader

Reaction score
My son has a pit pro 140 and has problems with the little chain tensioning roller just bending upwards after he lands a jump. It is only supported on one side and will probably just keep bending.
Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution.

i snapped one and brought a better motovert one for 20 bucks from fx racing well worth it

so basiclly your saying its just thin and weak and is bending out of place with some tention on it

i would say you have two option, do as jacko said and buy a new stronger one (a repubarl brand eg. motovert or something) or you could take it off and weld up some braces on it and strenthen it... if you not into all that tho just buy a better on ;)

Sidney is probably right. Check your chain tension. You could see if this is the source of your problem by removing the rear shock and moving the swingarm thru its full range of motion. If the chain is pulling on this roller at any point then it is either a design / manufacture fault or the chain is too tight.

i dont get how the chain roller could bend up when the chain goes over it? unless hes got it setup wrong with the chain going underneth

I was wondering the same but then i thought that it might bend when the bike is in the air and the swingarm is at its lowest point. hence my suggestion to move the swingarm thru its full range.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. It bends because it is only held on one side so when my son lands his table top in the back yard the pressure just causes it to bend. The chain definitely isn't too tight.

Last edited:
when the bike lands the swingarm is pushed up causing the chain to straighten and put pressure on the roller
ur chain is way too tight buddy

The chain is (or should be) on top of the roller. It would be impossible for the chain to bend the roller up landing the jump (if the roller has impacted on the ground it would bend). Post up some pictures.

The chain is (or should be) on top of the roller. It would be impossible for the chain to bend the roller up landing the jump (if the roller has impacted on the ground it would bend). Post up some pictures.

Are you sure it should be on top of the roller as it would be touching the swing arm. Anyway I am going to the Pit Pro shop tomorrow so I'll have a look at others.

yeah the chain just sits on top of it, it dosnt realy take much weight or anything. thats why its only attatched on 1 side

Hi Leader.
As the guys have stated the chain most definately must run above the chain roller,not below........See attatched pic
IMAG0112.jpg

Cheers Brian

Thanks everyone for solving that problem. I must of put the chain on in the dark or been highly medicated.

hehehehe we all make silly muck up's sometime's ,your not the first nor will you be tha last

Well done guy's on solving the problem

Latest posts

Back