Pit pro dying on take off

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irvo125

Reaction score
Live in the NE suburbs of adelaide. love my pitty,
:confused: hey people. Just a quick one. I have a pitpro 125cc monster valve motor. with IRK. I have been having some problems lately with the way my bike runs.

it has been getting a bit hard to start when it normally starts straight away.
when I go to take off no matter how much throttle i put on it just dies and stalls. when i get riding it seems to skip/ slip not sure if its fron inside the motor or somewhere else. I have been trying to isolate the problem but no luck as yet. I have fullly rebuilt the carby with new seals etc. i even put another carby onto the bike and still have the problem so its not the carby.
i thought maybe the clutch is slipping, or my leads/ plugs are shot. i have replaced the plug but still the same problem. if any body can help. cheers:confused:

will try that mate. thanks. i might check all connections. when spraying it down at the high pressure places it may have effected it. dont honestly know. i was worried that the IRK might have shitted itself but it revs fine when its in neutral. as soon as i put into gear and go to take off it just tells me to piss off. lol.

has this only just happened with the IRK only just recently installed? or its been long installed and the problem only just started to occur?

Wow if it IS the irk im not getting one anymore lol. I have heard they wear your engine out??

I don't think an IRK wears your engine out, it just makes the idle a bit higher/ touchier (mine idle's like a b!+ch at times)... I would check the wiring and the clutch. it wouldn't be the spark plug cause if the plug is nackered, then it prolly wouldn't even start.

Good Luck!

yeah thanks so far guys....
sus1: choke is off man. lol.
the Irk was installed before i even started the motor. I bought the motor and installed it straight away as I wont ride without one. the plugs are fine as well as the leed. i can only narrow it down to maybe electrics, clutch or something like that. the bike used to start first kick every time for ages until now. it seems to idle fine once its started but when letting out the clutch no matter how much throttle is applied the bike dies. it sounds like a clutch thing coz when im jsut riding around doing about 60km/hr i can feel the thing knocking and slipping which it has never done before.

Latest posts

Back