Pitbike Airbox

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minibiker05

Reaction score
hi there i was wondering if anyone has/made a airbox for a pitty as where i go riding it is a little wet and muddy most of the time and dont want my bike to suck in water and crap if anyone has any ideas im all ears :D

well the pitsterpro lxr has an airbox what sort of bike do u have it might fit or u could mod it.

just get a pipe and put it on your carb then put the end of it under ur seat or somewhere else with a filter on the end of it.

ive tried it, was ok but its hard to find spots on crf50 style bike. it doesnt really cover it, just stops a bit of splashes of mud and water, which in old mates case, will be good:)

For KLX style plastics you can run it exactly like a bike bike and suck the air inthrough the handles in the side plastics.
As mattbomers said, a bit of radiator hose to up under the seat with a filter on it and then shroud it with an old water bottle with a few holes in it and the bottom cut out.

We did this for the motard Nationals recently when it peaced down raining and we were having no end of troubles with water being sucked in.

If you don't have KLX plastics, still do the water bottle shroud with the bottom cut out, doesn't work as good but will keep the engine free from extra dust and crap for about 3 times longer than a regualr filer.

You may find that you will need to re-jet slightly as all these cover-ups do restric a bit of airflow.

That is so simple y didn't I think of that and here I was going to make a mould and make one out of fiberglass lol supercheap auto here I come lol

Latest posts

Back