PitBike On Road Penalties&Fines????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it will be illegal.

unless there are 4wd tracks through there, and your bike has recreational rego which means you'd also need a brake light and a rec number plate, then it would be illegal.

if there aren't any tracks in the bush then it would just be straight up illegal, no permit is going to save you.

2 of my mates were riding down a footpath on fullsize bikes, a cop jumped out of the bush and coat-hangered one of them off his bike who consequently knocked the other guy off his bike.

they pleaded with him because he was threatening to take their licenses' and they both needed it for work, so he let them go but he said if he ever see's them riding again he's going to come down hard..

moral of the story - its not worth it.

puttin on all that shit to get my bike recreational rego is no drama as I have all that crap. we live out in the scrub and the bush is a long way away from houses and we always hear peoples riding their bikes in the bush. Also, the cops around here are actually alright too! I've been caught riding me push bike without a helmet a million times and they just ask me why dont i have it on and let me go. I supposse I can always ride in the paddocks out here after the farmers have harvested their crops.

puttin on all that shit to get my bike recreational rego is no drama as I have all that crap. we live out in the scrub and the bush is a long way away from houses and we always hear peoples riding their bikes in the bush. Also, the cops around here are actually alright too! I've been caught riding me push bike without a helmet a million times and they just ask me why dont i have it on and let me go. I supposse I can always ride in the paddocks out here after the farmers have harvested their crops.

the people you hear riding in the bush would most likely be doing it illegaly though man. if your still not sure maybe try ringing the council or something?

the cops probably let you off without wearing a helmet cause its only like a $25 or $50 fine and its not worth their time writing it.
riding a dirt bike illegaly is a lot more serious than that so dont be suprised if theyre not so kind when/if they pull you over :p

i got done tha other day tha fagets hav never caught me but they no who it is i lost my LS and couldnt touch a bike for 3 weeks if i did they wer gonna take all my bikes thats my story

Well the bike cops in Melbourne are taking illegal riding very seriously lately, especially in the western suburbs due to some recent accidents around the area involving bikes being ridden illegally. The most recent accident involved 2 pit bikes being ridden on the road before colliding head on and one of the idiots wasnt even wearing a helmet.

Also the Melbourne cops have just had a few bikes donated to them to help stop these idiots so there will be extra bike cops on patrol and you may not even realise they are cops if they are on one of the donated bikes.

the cops up here ride rmz 450`s and they actually kicked a bloke i know off his bike at about 60kmh because he tried to lose them.

Latest posts

Back