Pitbike registration

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cordogs

Reaction score
For those of you who ever wondered about registering a Pitbike, or wanted to know the difference between rec rego and full rego. Here is a little insight from an Miniriders OG who knows a thing or two about what's involved.

Do you have any ideas on how to make my 124cc bike look like a 49cc bike? I have made mine street legal, however I bought it about a year ago and have since lost the bill of sale (I didnt think it was all that important since I have the title) so now I am not able to register it. Where I live you dont need to register 49cc and below so if I get stopped I just need to convince the cops that it is a 49cc. I was thinking about getting a plate made with the make model and size and sticking that next to the vin, however I am having issues finding somewhere wher e i can get that made.

Even a 49cc sticker that looks like it was put on the factory would be reasonable. Any info helps,
Thanks.

:b_grind:Not saying i have done this:b_grind:
But you can grind off the 1and2 and make a 9 after the 4 out of "kneed it" (or similar metal epoxy) using a tooth pick to get it looking right and then give the barrel a quick blast of black spray paint and it looks indistinguishable from a genuine 49cc barrel. The only real give away is the eng number, usually the 2 numbers near the start signify the bore in mm, but no one really knows that

Latest posts

Back