Pitbike supermoto

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooh, thanks for the input, we will haft to see, iv seen a few bikes with it right to the head and some starting further back.

The differences may be that you have much higher temp than us here,

But I dont know if im right or not but from what I can see the whole idea of running exhaust wrap is to radiate the heat evenly through out the exhaust pipe, meaning that the hot exhaust gasses are released faster and much more efficiantly, another reason is to draw more heat away from the head... hence why it is wrapped all the way down th the start of the header, it should draw more heat away from the head because it is allowing the hot gasses to travel down the exhaust quicker and also radiating the heat more evenly through out the exhaust, thus removing the heat buildup in the kinked part of the exhaust somewhat...

Thats just my view, lets see what others think and see how it handles a long session on the track :grinning-smiley-003

That is all good theory when your talking about car engines that are under the hood with no air flow. But i think yes, your temperatures are different and my motor gets alot hotter than yours putting out 22rwhp compared to yours maybe 10hp.

The same principles apply to any engine though, The exhaust wrap is mainly there to allow faster exit of the exhaust gasses meaning a better and possibly cooler running engine, Iv been arround drag racing all my life and we have used exhaust wrap at times on engines that are open in an open chassis, im sure it wont cause any problems though, I will keep a close eye on it when I ride next ;)

we ride in the UK :scooter: kinsham raceway, stretton 2000, whilton mill are the main one's i personally ride at

where abouts and how ofte do u blokes ride?

The rest of us ride around Melbourne... South Dandenong, South Morang and Warrnambool; Phillip Island will hold the nationals on the kart track this year too :)

Talk to Grnman or Barnesd09 if you're keen to get riding; they are the most active motarders (in Melbourne) on here.

If you're in Brisbane, talk to No_crf50_here :)

:confused-smiley-013 I exhaust wrapped to stop my leg getting burned.

any idea on your HP James?

Wouldn't expect anything much more than the standard yx140 engine stated at '14Bhp'
Weather you can go by the manufacturers idea to power im not sure, if it were a tuned engine I would have it dyno'd and set up but seems its std I wont.

The exhaust should make some difference but I gess its not huge, But a mikuni vm26 should increase the power a little when I can afford it

That is really cool bike.This miniature Dirt Bike. This is good as it is having knobby tires for off-road use or with street tires and wheels for city use. yeah it is little pricey, but maybe they have free community training days.

Latest posts

Back