pitpro 140xr bolts withstand jumping

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle

Reaction score
i've never owned a dirt bike before:eek:, just ridden my mates chilli 50's, but i'm hoping to purchase a pitpro 140xr for jumping with my mates( just on 50 track ) and a little trail riding. i've been reading over various reports on this site and all i keep hearing is how you must replace lots and lots of bolts but is it neccesary for what i'm doing. and if i do need to replace bolts which ones ( please be very specific as i'm not an expert on the matter:eek: ). any info would be greatly appreciated.
Regards Kyle.

I've got the 140XR i do a fair share of jumping and dirt riding... so shit does rattle loose best thing to do is check over the bike before you ride and make sure everything is tight... can save u having to replace more expensive parts if u check over regularly
Here's some of the bolts i have hadto replace
- most of the bolts holding on the plastics
-one on the subframe
-the big one holding the forks down to the frame
-the bolts on the rear sprocket came loose and sheared thru the hub meaning i hadto get a whole new wheel...

140XR is an awesome bike, given it a fair flogging, it requires abit of general maintance here and there but parts are cheap as from the local mini shop

Also if anything breaks i try to replace it with a better or more quality part

I've had the 140xr for about 5months now and jump it alot(upto about 9 metres ramp gaps now,limited by run-in room)and trail ride on tracks with some big whoops that even big bikes find big,and have not had to replace any bolts so far due to breakages or the like.
Have had to tighten up a few now and again but usually loctite stops them coming loose ever again.

Dayal,have you had to replace because of breakages or just losing them by coming loose?

Latest posts

Back