Pitpro 140XR oil capacity?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunnerray

Reaction score
Gday again,

Just another question for you all! Just wondering exactly what the oil capacity is on the Pitpro 140XR. The orange sheet from pitpro says approx 1L and the Instruction manual says 0.6L after draining or 0.8L after disassembly? Have put 1L in it and it looks a bit above the top mark on the dipsitck. I suppose its prob not that critical but dont want to blow any oil seal's if the pressure in there get's too high. Had to reseal the fuel tap as per normal by the sounds of it, would be good if they told you about this problem when you buy it but apart from that Im very happy with the bike so far. Great site for info keep up the good work!

i thort they all were about 1100m for 140cc maybe not lol

Thanks for the replies. I Reckon 1L should be ok. Prob not that critical as long as its got some oil in there! The fuel tap was a pain in the butt. Had to drain the tank and remove the fuel tap completely. Fixed it with some gasket sealant and 3 fibre washers. It leaks from around the nut inside the tank! How do they fix it under warranty? Its stopped leaking now so Im happy. cant wait to get the run in completed and start finding out how well this thing goes. Power feels pretty good so far!

the fuel tap takes two seconds to fix, while its on the bike, hold the nipple that your line goes over, and tighten the nut towards the tank, do it nice and tight and it wont leak, had to do that on both of my xr tanks and fixed it good

Hi Guys.
We find that problem is the sealant the Chinese use to seal the threads on the fuel tap is dissolved by the fuel in the fuel tank and causes a leak.The problem can be easily fixed 9 times out of 10 by unscrewing the fuel tap and fitting a neoprene Rubber Washer between the nut and the fuel tank.

Go to your local Hardware shop and you will find a suitable rubber washer in the Plumbing section for about 20c......Problem Solved !!

Cheers Brian

Latest posts

Back