Pitpro 140xr running problem!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motomike07

Reaction score
gday guys

i just bought an 08 140xr, put it together and tried starting it.

it started on about the 3rd kick with full choke.

i left it running on full choke for a few minutes and then notched it down to middle level choke...still running fine.

then i tried to run it with no choke and the bike just started to splutter and lose revs and finally stopped (even though i was trying to keep the revs up).

you wouldn't expect a brand new bike to do this ey? any ideas on what the problem could be?

should i keep it running on choke for longer?

also, once it is starting and then stops, it can take a lot of kicks to get it started again. it never starts with no choke even when the engine is warm/hot.

any help would be sick

cheers

hey mate

common probly with these is the GOOD old carby strip it all down and give it a good clean in petrol putt it back together oil ya filter and it should go sweet also put a new good quality plug in it they say they are ngk but they are still shit so go and buy a new iridium one or one from the bike shop

ill put 100 buks on that it will go straight away after you do that

haha make sure you know know when your choke is on and off, there is no indicator on these carbies, u may think ur turning your choek of but ur actualy putin it on

Hey dude relax, now heres what to do... take the air filter off and then put the choke on full! note the position of the lever and there you have it.
Sounds like you are starting it with no choke and then putting the choke on.
If it starts with no choke then fine just hold the throttle steady for a minute while the engine oil warms up and then rev it a little. Next is to get on the thinggyyyy and go go go you good thing. Dont forget to run it in though on a tank of juice. The main thing you need to be aware of is dont get the engine too hot and its ok to blast it occassionally but not for too long. Cheeries

cheers for all that motoxxx

yeah i've definitely got the bike on full choke (up position)
and when i put it 'down' to no choke that's when it dies.

i've read in other posts relating to this that it could be the air/fuel mixture which needs to be adjusted?

any thoughts?

i'll change the plug over tonight and clean the carby...see what happens i guess.

after all that found out that there was too much fuel in the carb and once emptied and idle readjusted it ran a treat!

cheers anyway

i new it was somthing with the carbie lol

good work mate now just enjoy it

Latest posts

Back