PitPro 140XR Upgrades

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took off the inlet valve cover, and there was no clearance, fucker was tight as!
(first kick btw it feels like there's more compression now? im probably just tripping though)

that's right you'll have more compression now

Is it bad if I don't have it at exactly .003 and it is most likely a bit more more like .005 and I can see / feel it move when I play with it?

as long as it's not way too loose it's ok, .005 is fine but you should do it again and try to get it right, I find just bending the tip of the feeler to a 45 degree angle works best, then just loosen it heaps so you can put the gauge in easily and tighten it down on the gauge.

EDIT:
I just read bout the exhaust gasket.. I guess the only way to check would be to take the exhaust off?
if you take it off you'll need a new gasket, you should order some from DHZ first

It's good to see you got your problem sorted:D

haha, Just did the exhaust, it seemed fine though.

The bike is so much better now, I have the hugest grin on my face! What a huge relief knowing my new bike is working how it should now.

Thanks heaps man, you're a bloody legend!!!!!!

What else is shit is how the engine block always strips when you tighten shit that little bit too much. Now one of the bash plate bolts wont grab and it rattles like a motherfucker! Time for tap and die :(

What else is shit is how the engine block always strips when you tighten shit that little bit too much. Now one of the bash plate bolts wont grab and it rattles like a motherfucker! Time for tap and die :(

lol yeh that soft alloy got my too, bashplate thread too, I just ran a tap through it and works fine, you gotta get a good feel for how much you can torque down the bolts.

yeah i hate that wen u threaf a bolt hole out it sux ass man

One more question, then I'm going for a ride...

First thing I did was put fatter fuel hose, and take out the inline filter. It kept kinking and the bike would conk out.

But now, I kept getting shit from the tank (which are shit by the way.. plastic pieces everywhere) Recommend a better quality tank?

Does the arrow on the filter go in the direction of the flow? or does the arrow face the tank. I only ask because, I bought 2 pit pro 140 XR's and the one with no probs is facing the tank, not in direction of the flow. Just seems odd!

No such thing as a better quality tank when it comes to the pitties mate... they're all notorious for having little plastic leftovers in em, hence the reason the majority of them come with in-line filters...
The arrows signify the direction of fuel flow, so the arrow should point toward the carby... not the tank..
and yeah, if possible try and route the fuel line so there are no kinks in it... cause that'll shut em down pretty quickly..

maybe your line isn't long enough? I had to make mine fairly long so it doesn't bend too sharply and kink on me, getting rid of the filter is a bad idea

Yeah its all running sweet now . One thing, during riding today it sounded 'tappier' from within the engine at the front. Perhaps this is because my valve clearance is too much? the other 140XR doesn't have the tap.. well as loud.

Latest posts

Back