pitpro 140xr vs pitpro/nitrous 140

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackliveshere

Reaction score
hey can anyone tell me what either of these bikes has over the other and what your personal preferences are?? 140xr is based on the klx design and the other on the crf. any help would be appreciated as im looking to purchase one of them shortly. the crf style seems more popular but i`ve been told the klx design and package is a better option. also do u have any info on the big bore 155cc kit to suit with the ceramic bore?? both bikes are advertised on ebay if ur interested... thanx for any help

Hi jackliveshere.
If you would like to see the difference up close we have the 2 types of bikes in stock .There is quite a difference !!!
Feel free to phone us and drop in for a chat.

Check out our website

Regards Brian

Last edited:
depends if you were a tall buy i would go the 140xr.

Brian where abouts r u located and do u have a phone number i could call u on if i have any questions?? i am near port pirie, cpl of hours nth of adelaide. u can im it to me if u prefer. also im about 170cm and have a agb29/pro x 125 and that is taller and seems more comfortable than the crf style but i think that might be bigger than the 140xr again.. let me know if u know otherwise

the bikes are the same. i went for the dhz 140 it is the same as the other 2 but comes with a joker quick turn throtle and folder leavers.it only cost me $849.

both good bike but if price wasnt an option id go otpro xr much better bike and brian is a top bloke

greaT support

i bought dhz pitpro x2 as price came into my equasion but xr is a great bike as for the nitrous meh

Its basically the same bike, Just different plastics and rear shock and a few other minor things, If the pitpro had the same fastace shock it would easly be the better bike.

Its basically the same bike, Just different plastics and rear shock and a few other minor things, If the pitpro had the same fastace shock it would easly be the better bike.

when u say the pitpro would be better im assuming u mean the pitpro 140 is better than the pitpro 140xr??
but in which way is it better?? surely the slightly bigger frame would be more stable, even if only a little and more comfortable. the only thing i can see better about the crf style bikes is they have more parts available, especially plastics and decals and wouldnt u think they would have improved on that design by now anyway. is there anyone who has actually owned both and has any details about the different rides??

Go the Pitty, I have one and I thrash the piss out of it constantly, and she goes well hard and there is loads of cheap accessories you can get for them, its only like a $1000 outlay if it shits itself just buy another.:cool:

i got the pit pro 140xr and i thrash it every weekend and all weekend and only prob i have had is snapped leavers and thats because they are shit. oh, and bent handle bars...trees not wide enough and couldnt slow down enough from 3rd gear pinned.
used to have the pit pro 125 with the cradel frame and i cracked the frame in a few places from jumping it but the frame on the 140xr has copped a hell of a lot more abuse and its still going strong. also the fast ace shock on the 140xr is a heap better than the standard nitro shock the 125s and 140s come with. Also the seat is a heap better on the xr than the others.

blake is the xr much bigger than the normal pitty`s in the flesh?? hard to tell from pics and websites and cant find a pic of both bike styles in the same frame for a decent comparison. i have the prox/agb29 125 and it`s size seems better than the crf`s but i dont really wanna go any bigger than that... reason im asking is i`ve seen some other bikes that are larger and are more the size of large wheel 80`s which is more difficult when ur trying to lift them over fences

thanks all for ur help and any more info would still be appreciated

just another thing does anybody know about the 14hp 141cc motors as there is a bike shop in adelaide advertising them in their new bikes... would these possibly be the same as the motors in these bikes?? seems weird that they still advertise them as 12hp motors like the older 125s but yet they have bigger displacements and carbs??

The motor in question fitted to these bikes is actually slightly over 140cc but most businesses just sell em as 140cc .
There are only a few trying to market their bikes as having a special motor fitted..!
The XR140 is slightly larger than the Pitpro 140 due to the longer travel suspension fitted..
I wouldnt try lifting one over a fence ..Unless you were in training for the Pit Bike Throwing Comp at the Beijing Olypics LOL

Brian

atomiks arent sh!t. i bet you've never had one, or even rid one. dnt be a little gay pitpro fanboy.

atomiks arent sh!t. i bet you've never had one, or even rid one. dnt be a little gay pitpro fanboy.

I would say the vast majority of people on here would agree that Atomic's aren't the best bike for the money compared to the Pitpro's.

clearly you've never been on ebay before. you could get a brand new 140 for $700. or you can pay 1,300 for a pitpro thats a slow lifan. Actually why don't you get one of those piss weak new pp125's for a grand.

clearly you've never been on ebay before. you could get a brand new 140 for $700. or you can pay 1,300 for a pitpro thats a slow lifan. Actually why don't you get one of those piss weak new pp125's for a grand.

clearly you got no idea what you're talking about

hey man ive got an atomik nitrous 140cc bike, i have put a 32 stepped to 45 mm exhaust with a high rev cdi, uni airfilter, and quick twist throttle sitting on pro taper handlebars and it is really quick and can keep up with 250cc also i have put a smaller 37 tooth sprocket on the back and it can hit around 130km/hr. they have a strong frame and good usd upside down forks that dont bottom out. it has lasted me around 4 months and is still going strong. good choice as i only paid around $700 for it.

there you go. ive had my 140 6 months. no problems. got pro tapers, racing cdi, performance coil, ngk plug. Damn, does it go.. beats 150s easy. except gpx 150s with 16hp.

Latest posts

Back