Pitpro 140xr

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anf355

Reaction score
HI there, i picked up my pitpro 140xr the other day, great bike, goes well, but still running in so havent reallly given it heaps. On my engine side covers it doesnt have the lifan symbol on it, i brought it direct from pitpro warehouse, is there a chance that this motor isnt a real lifan motor and thats why they are auctioning them off a little cheaper on ebay. I checked the ebay listing again and in the picture it doesn't have the logo on it, but then checked the pitpro website and it has the logo on those photos. Regardles the bike goes so good, motor feels strong and heaps of comp, i will give a review once motor fully run in and given it a good run.

PITPRO

2008 140XR PITPRO RACE, DIRT BIKE THUMPSTAR PIT TRAIL - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 29-Nov-07 21:00:00 AEDST)

Nah man, it's a lifan.
its a good thing, the IP56 model!
better than my engine (IP55)
Cheers.

yer the old ones have the lifan print on them but the new ones dont, and new ones are heaps better so be even happyer :)

cheers thanks guys, yeah the motor feels really good and goes great, once the motor is run in i will give it a good ride and give a review along with some pics.
thanks again

Apparently pitpro have removed the IRK from the latest batch because alot of guys were complaining that they stalled too easy...Pussie bastards..
Need to learn how too ride or tune em.Mine has Irk and goes great.
My mate picked one up from maylands on tuesday and Brian rang him wednesday morning to say he'd just got an email from pitpro explaining it and to remove sidecover and check...sure enough no IRK..Needless to say both he and Brian weren't too thrilled about it.Working things out at the moment to have Irk reinstalled..Should all be cool.

i just received my 140xr yesterday whats the chances that it doesnt have an irk? this is my first mini bike to practice fmx for on my kx so i dont no to much about this irk stuff how do i get to it to check?
cheers

i just received my 140xr yesterday whats the chances that it doesnt have an irk? this is my first mini bike to practice fmx for on my kx so i dont no to much about this irk stuff how do i get to it to check?
cheers

On the left side of the engine,remove the three bolts holding the side cover in place and remove sidecover.If you dont have an IRK you will see the standard flywheel which is about say 100mm in diameter,If the Irk is fitted the standard flywheel wont be there and in its place you will see one about 40mm in diameter with another part(cant actually think what its name is)with 2 prongs and wires coming off of it ,that is the IRK-inner rotor kit-.if you google inner rotor you should be able to find a pic for reference.

yer i just checked now and it has the standard flywheel, y did they take them out?what difference does it do to the engine performance wise and how does it make it harder to ride or stall or sumthing? i thought that the xr came with the irk standard and im pissed that they stopped puting them in becouse of stupid reasons

because with the smaller flywheel there is less weight there to keep the motor continuously running, and alters how little or how much throttle is needed to take of etc etc... only noobs find this a problem... basically you would have to keep the throttle up or you would be for ever starting it because it kept stalling!

so becouse of shit riders and them not being able to run there bike properly pitpro stopped puting them in there bikes becouse of complaints and all that stuff.

it's no biggy mate just go get 1 and install it
easy peasy

then u also have the spare magneto to use case it shit's it self
as mine did

so had to put ol flywheel and mag back in
such is life

still good mod so ill do it again dunno why mine shat it self but it's and electrical part so nuff said

yter its annoying they stoped puting them in the xrs like 2 shipments ago

Nah man, it's a lifan.
its a good thing, the IP56 model!
better than my engine (IP55)
Cheers.

Lets test your skills, Why is the motor better Pascal, What makes you think/know its better? :)

After riding my mates new xr yesterday without IRK,I can honestly say that it doesnt make this any less of a bike.Once the power comes on its just as strong and is alot easier to ride,especially for any guys that are fairly new riders.
I am actually considering removing mine coz most of the tracks i ride are real small and tight and alot of work to keep revs up and alot of clutch work.
I love mine with the IRK but if you could swap and change easily i'd have both so could set up better for tighter tracks.Like i say there is still just as much power it just comes on less violently.
Besides they only started fitting them a couple of months ago so most guys with the older models wouldnt know the difference and i'm sure theyre still happy with their bikes.

Latest posts

Back