Pitpro forks problem! Help!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ski9370

Reaction score
Got a pitpro 138 a couple of weeks ago. yesterday the forks decided they were'nt going to rebound properly. when you push down on the front end, they come back up REALLY slow. loosening the bleed screws at the top didn't make any difference. has anyone struck this problem before and is it fixable?
any suggestions welcome!

could be bad/contaminated/blocked oil in the forks

id suggest taking the forks off and pulling them apart... tip out the oil and give them a good clean out with metho or turps (like pour some in, close the fork up and give it a few good pumps)

forks are pretty standard things tho...

have a look here for an idea:

http://www.minimotoclub.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=29240

you will need to find out exactly what kind of oil and what the oil level needs to be set at. i would suggest about 10 weight oil and an air gap about the same as the suspension travel

edit: has the bike been leaking any oil out from around the fork seals?

Last edited:
Have you changed the oil in them?

Got a pitpro 138 a couple of weeks ago. yesterday the forks decided they were'nt going to rebound properly. when you push down on the front end, they come back up REALLY slow. loosening the bleed screws at the top didn't make any difference. has anyone struck this problem before and is it fixable?
any suggestions welcome!

Have you changed the oil in them?
Are you a fat arse? (seriously, not taking piss)
what forks are they USD or convensional?

sounds like you may may have squashed the springs.

They are USD forks and they havn't leaked out any oil.
I'm about 80 kgs. Havn't modified or changed oil at all. The bike is straight out of the box.

still got any warranty left? probably wont be worth jack to ya tho lol

sounds like your gonna have to pull the forks to bits, look for broken bits and clean everything. fresh oil, maybe slightly heavier weight oil (if it was too soft) and even some shims under the springs. clean out the seals while yer at it ;)

if you still have warnty use it cause they could be bent if you have been doing jumps on it

could be bad/contaminated/blocked oil in the forks

id suggest taking the forks off and pulling them apart... tip out the oil and give them a good clean out with metho or turps (like pour some in, close the fork up and give it a few good pumps)

forks are pretty standard things tho...

have a look here for an idea:

http://www.minimotoclub.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=29240

you will need to find out exactly what kind of oil and what the oil level needs to be set at. i would suggest about 10 weight oil and an air gap about the same as the suspension travel

edit: has the bike been leaking any oil out from around the fork seals?

there are rubber o rings and seals that decompose in metho turps thinners

so u may want to wach out 4 that

to the best of my knowledge you just need to peel the o-rings out of the forks before commencing with the cleaning. do your forks have rebound adjustments?? there could be some problem there. from my understanding they open / close a oil gap which speeds up and slow's down the movement of the oil through the fork on upward movments. there could be some blockage there as NinetySix said or there could be some physical damage.

course of action would be as follows, check all your oil seals for any signs of leaking oil, tears etc etc or possibly obstructions. if nothing comes of this pull the forks apart and give them a full clean and replace the oil (only pull them apart if you get no where with your warranty claim)

follow these threads as the principals stand for most USD forks.

http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=9093

http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=9094

Excellent threads started by Mini Me Racing 38 as all credit for these goes to him.

hope this helps you out mate and good luck.

Cheers, Tony.

i think kero might do the trick without hurting anything?

those guides are pretty good

Latest posts

Back