pitpro or not to pit pro

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmanmark

Reaction score
ok i was going to buy a new bike and i was gonna get a 125cc pitpro rr untill i just read the review and everyone said they suck and losts of things break and the bit the throw me off the most was they burn oil. is this still the case or is this all fixed up now cuz apart from that thried i have hurded nothing but good things about them

Get a pitpro that has the Better lifan in it. Don't get the lifan with the silver badge on it

get the pitpro limited edition with the silver lifan in it not the black lifan coz its shit.

so the best lifans the grey one then the black one then the one with the silver stripe but all this tells me is wat engin it dont tell me if the bike is reliable and if they burn oil

Dont judge a engine by its color. The way to tell if its the better one is by the location of the clutch lever (if it is on top of the case = good if it is on the front of the case = not as good) some of the best ones you can get are painted black.

All these china bikes have quality issues (think about it, a decent push bike costs as much as these chineese bikes) even the top of the range motoverts, terra motos and pitster pros so to expect a $700 bike to perform faltlessly is a bit much to ask.

If you want a top bike you need to spend top $$$$ and get a jap one.

In answer to your question. Burning a bit of oil is not going to be high on your list of things that can go wrong (just top it up before you go riding).

Blown shocks, bent rims, leaking forks, not starting, things falling off when you are miles from your car will all piss you off more than using 0.50c worth of oil every few tanks of petrol.

i just dont like the sound of have burning oil next to my petrol tank

My lifan is 6 months old and dosent burn any oil. The oil burning is not a safety issue and wont cause your fuel to ignite as there is no flame. "burning oil" just means that some oil escapes from the sump into the combustion chamber and burns with the petrol. The worst symptom of this is a bit of bluish smoke from the exhaust pipe and as it gets worse you lose a bit of power, its nothing to get worried about.

My lifan is 6 months old and dosent burn any oil. The oil burning is not a safety issue and wont cause your fuel to ignite as there is no flame. "burning oil" just means that some oil escapes from the sump into the combustion chamber and burns with the petrol. The worst symptom of this is a bit of bluish smoke from the exhaust pipe and as it gets worse you lose a bit of power, its nothing to get worried about.

The old black Lifan 125s are known for burning oil quickly.

my old 05 thumpy i sold still doesnt burn oil, hasnt been re built either and its been riden hard

What I've heard from Dom at City motobikes is that the lifan 125 in the Pitpro 125RR's is one of the best engines he's seen and used. He says it performs way too good for the price. That's why he sells so many of them.

I have one, it performs great and it's the black with silver badge one. All up but not start in any gear. general consensus is that they are very good for the money but like any of these types of bikes and engines, they just need regular maintenance.

Even a Motovert with a jialing engine will require it.

The "black lifan" on my old bike is a peice of trash, the gearbox broke after 5 months and after about 8 months it burnt up all the oil in about two days, it blows more smoke than a two stroke!

ok thanks alot that is true how it is a china so it will have problems
i am glad u have convinced me to stay geting a pit pro cuz i didnt want to spend 800 for a AtomikNitrous or a rs

Latest posts

Back