PitPro Outlaw engine getting hot!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ry_Nos

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had any probs with their Lifan 120's getting hot after installing hot cams??

Ive just installed an Akunar hot cam, and now she gets a bit hot.

How hot can we go with these engine before damage?

It runs well, so are there any symptoms?

Cheers

as they say; friction produces heat. i would inspect the cam and bearings now for any signs of blueing of the metals.

Yeh cool , no oil cooler on her. Just bought one so will throw her on and see what happens.

Dont think running lean will make it get hot. Thats more a 2 stroke thing where the fuel is also the lubricant. Less fuel less lube more heat.

I think because the Cam is now letting more fuel in (longer duration etc) shes burning a heap more fuel and therefore the extra heat.

Anyway il keep it posted.

definately not just a 2 stroke thing, if the idle mixture screws are set too lean or the idle circuit is slightly blocked up then it will definately run hotter, ive seen glowing headers on japanese road bikes

more fuel ususally means less heat... wouldnt hurt to turn the screws a half turn richer?

dudes... ikts an air cooled engine! of coarse its going to get HOT... hotter than Hell!!!!!! If you cant hold your hand on the engine after its been running a while, ITS NORMAL!!!! You have 2000 degree temps inside the engine and that gets transfered to the aluminum,and then goes out to the cooling fins and gets transfered to the air.... Come on guys....

nixweiss.gif
the burns on my legs say that too
nixweiss.gif

lol its a hot cam what do you expect! :p

Latest posts

Back