Pitpro XR140 and MSO140s best bang for your buck.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumbows

Reaction score
Ok guys,

I've come to a point where I am in the market for a new pitty and I think the pitty's for around the $1200 mark seems to be good value for money.

So I've come to a Y section in the road the MSO 140s or the PitPro XR140? Now i know they are very different bikes in their structure and plastics but at the same time both offer very similar features and cost about the same.

So for anyone that has them... either or both give me some pros and cons and things they have found/need fixing?

Why you might think one is better than the other.

i cant speak for the MSO but i have a xr140,2008 model and i would recommend to anyone.great feel,especially for taller riders,solid frame and suspension(i weigh about 95 kilos and doesnt feel under sprung at all)only real con i've found so far is lack of support under rear fender gives a little flex at very back of seat but not really enough to be a major issue.
only thing that really needs upgrading are the bars to a set of pro tapers,but even then i wont do that until i bend mine or have some dough burning a hole in my pocket.
comes standard from factory with IRK fitted so you save a bit on mods thera alone.

I have a 140s and I'm happy with everything, customer service, the bike, the power, quality etc.
I'd contact Linda & Ken
Cheers.

i would buy the mso, i bought mine and the service was excellent.

My brother got the MSO 140s not 2 long ago and his seems pretty happy with the performance and how it holds up. he also contacted Linda and Ken and is extremly happy with the customer service they gave him.

Yea i've dealt with MSO before for certain spares i needed and they are great.

I should also mention i am 95kgs and 180cm tall so the taller ride would be very much a Pro for me.

Im lookin into getting the 08 model PP XR140 bike fitted with the new 1P56FMJ motor with Inner Rotor Kit,, only downside i saw when looking at the bike in person was the support under the rear fender, thier is no support if the bike lifts up and stacks on the rear, not long ago my younger cousin had a ride of my brothers MSO and she had to much acceleration on and poped the clutch lever out to fast, the bike flew out from her feet and she landed flat on her arse, lol, the bike was fine with no damage to it, so when i was lookin at the XR140 i thought sh*t if that happended with the XR the bike would end up worst then worst then snitchys bike in his "ormeau forest" movie when he attempts a mono and lands on his stomach, not a mojor problem anyway, just thought id put in my 2cents.

Just had a good look at an MSO 140s and compared it to my bike.very evenly matched i would say.
I prefer the overall styling of the PITPRO,the KLX style frame and plastics look alot nicer.
The MSO's only advantage would be the rebound adjustment on the rear shock,and the adjustable forks,but that depends on the quality of the fork(i know i would rather have good quality fork and no adjustability than have adjustability and lose ride quality!)
Having said that i can also say from experience that while the PITPRO doesnt have adjustability front or rear,the suspension is f****n fantastic.
When it comes down to it either one of these bikes would be killer,but i would still go for the PITPRO.

Happy Shopping!

Also should mention that i did break my rear fender off the second day i had bike but not while riding.I was taking bike off ute using a ramp and because my driveway slopes ramp slid away from ute and first thing i grabbed to catch bike was rear fender.Needless to say i was left standing with bike in one hand and fender in the other

Last edited:
lol nice one,, can u get new plastic for the 08 pitpro?? or fit crf50 plastic kits on them?

with the 2 bikes [ MSO & PITPRO ] i guess it all depends on your personality and what you like. both fantastic bikes.

lol nice one,, can u get new plastic for the 08 pitpro?? or fit crf50 plastic kits on them?

with the 2 bikes [ MSO & PITPRO ] i guess it all depends on your personality and what you like. both fantastic bikes.

Yes you can get plastics for them but not too common at the moment,though they will become more readily available over time.
You probably can modify some crf parts to fit.

Some great information guys and thanks for putting in and remember is anyone else has anything to add do so because i won't be buying for another couple weeks so there is still plenty of deciding to do.

iv got a 140s and its great i was looking at the pitpro when i was in the market but i much prefer the crf style plastics so i got the mso. its got tones of power, the suspension holds up well, and nothing on it has broken yet!! and the service from mso is great!!

I just bought a pitpro 140xr and im waiting for it to arrive now, it seems to be a really good bike and i cant wait to ride it. a bit different to my ktm 250sx im sure, ive just spent an hour or two looking up some chats about the 140xr and have only heard good things about them, good to see

Latest posts

Back