pitpro

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mechanic-man

Reaction score
hey all my bro's bike is playing up noe he has the new 125 rr? or r not sure with red sticker kit. anyway it wont start and when we did get it started we couldnt rev coz it would bog down then it stopped. so where tearing down the carby to take a look.
anyone else had this problem?

Ben.

ok havnt dun the carby yet coz i had a suspision it was the CDI but it wasnt. so can anyone help me out?
When you kick her over (after alot of kicking) she gets going,
you cant rev her. as soon as you do she like bogs down n it sounds like its about to kill itself and then it does. i thort if you let it warm up she's be right but basicly on about 30 secs everytime she kills itself n then you can get her going again.

so does it sound like carby?

sounds like dirty carb for sure,

i bet it hasnt got a fuel filter on it?

cant beleive they sell so many these bikes and dont have filters,

the amount of crap i flushed out my tank when i first got it was amazing, (plastic shavings very tiny though)

goodluck

HELP ASAP! lol

ok this is really shitting me!
cleaned the carby out, then put it on, no differance really. but then because she was idling high so i changed the idle speed and shazzam! she could rev no problems ride no problems she was perfect. went to start it today and shes back to where she was couldnt do crap. no revs nothing. so i tried to adjust her finely but i cant get it. so she can rev really litle and then backfiring splurting banging etc. so i need some help here, but the otherthing that really threw me off was let her idle then that for like no longer than 5-8 mins and the exhaust from the engine to the top of the curb was glowing red! whats the deal?
please help me out. does the hole exhaust thing have to do with the rev and engine?

Thanks guys, Ben,

It is not a good idea to let your bike idle for long periods but I think you probably have carby tuning issues. Check that all the carby and manifold bolts are tight first then I would do the the following.

1. Start your bike and warm it up
2. Let it idle for a minute or so and kill the engine without reving it
3. Remove your spark plug and have a look (if it is white which I suspect it will be)
4. It should be a nice shade of brown/grey (not white or Black)
5. If it is not a nice sahde of brown/grey you need to adjust your idle mixture screw.

I will send you a PM

Sounds like the choke is on and its choking it.

On my pitpro in the manual it says the opposite of what the choke position really is.

Make sure the choke is off.

I have the same prob with my pitpro 140. New bike have only had two reasonably short rides since run in. The little bitch will start, though it runs like shit and backfires and carries on. It will run for a short time though in after 1-2 min it just shuts down. If you've had any luck i'd love to know what you did!! Cheers.

I should add, I have no fuel filter (ones on the way), the carby has been stripped and checked (Jets clean and clear), idle has been checked as has the choke all seems well, and the plug has been replaced and checked after short (backfirey) idle, and did appear black. Any tips on mixture adjustment? Does anyone know if it's possible for the cam timing to be out some how? Keep in mind the bike was running like a dream before suddenly becomming rough then lack of power and backfiring. Cheers!!

yeh i fixed it.
1st: change your idle, low it down (i did this the first time and bike was fine)
so when you rev it it should be shweet! if not you have to change you air/fuel mixture screw. its a bit hard whilst the bikes running because u cant fit a screw driver in ther coz the gaps so small, so just un bolt the manifold and have a few shots at that then (if it doest work) get a small flathead/flatblade drill bit and try that whilst its running.

need anything pm me.

ben.

Latest posts

Back