pitster pro lxr build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDR

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Decided to start a build thread of an lxr i bought about a month ago for $1200

current mods:
yx150 engine with tb170kit and tb v2 head
pro taper pillow top grips

everything else is pretty much stock

going to get a new set of fat bars this weekend not sure what im going to get yet but we will see

mods im thinking of doing at the moment:
OEM 2009 Design Graphic Kit by Magik SC Kustoms these in cyan blue not pink lol

will add more to list later im to tired at the moment haha

heres the bike as it is at the moment:

img0909wj.jpg

and this is a quick photoshop job of what im looking to do:

img0909j.jpg

Last edited:
Nice mate, keen to see how it comes out.

Only suggestion, if you gonna buy graphics go direct to Magiksc and go full custom. Wont be much more $$ wise and it will be a one off bike.

Nice mate, keen to see how it comes out.

Only suggestion, if you gonna buy graphics go direct to Magiksc and go full custom. Wont be much more $$ wise and it will be a one off bike.

yeah might do that actually would look good full custom

thanks for the feedback and tip!

good starting point mate how'd ya get it so cheap?and what yr mod is it?good luck with the build.

good starting point mate how'd ya get it so cheap?and what yr mod is it?good luck with the build.

2009 i think and idk how i got it so cheap hahaha good price thats for sure haha

when ya do ya stickers matey get sum edge sealer.. it like glue and grab a fine paint brush and seal the edges to prevent them peeling up or off esp wen ya hose or gernie ya bike etc yeh matey? just an idea!

when ya do ya stickers matey get sum edge sealer.. it like glue and grab a fine paint brush and seal the edges to prevent them peeling up or off esp wen ya hose or gernie ya bike etc yeh matey? just an idea!

yeah sounds like a good idea! thanks allot for the idea!

Update...

I haven't been on this site for a while and have't updated this thread in ages so I thought it would be a good idea to update you guys on what has been going on with it.

Ever since this thread I had got a new cylinder and piston, I had some pretty nasty piston slap from the wear over the years from the previous owner, So I replaced that and was back to how it was meant to sound, I managed to bend a inlet valve so I got a new tb valve kit replaced basically everything like guide seals valves springs everything in the pack really.

I also blew my bottom end recently and ****ed one of the bearings up as well as the case in that section, the idle gear, kick-start gear etc.

So I replaced it as well as gears with the dirtmax update kit from dhz and all is running well

The rest of the stuff:

-Outer rotor kit (Bike came with an irk)
-Cylinder & piston
-Valves
-Bottom end
-new wheels (pitster pro black wheels) still need to fit the front wheel but haven't had the time as it needs to be trued like the rear had to be
-Tag bars (ones with cool detail on them i have no idea what they're called)
-Duct tape on the side of the tape (pro spec backyard mechanic we are talking here)
-V rubber rear tire chunky as all **** and hard compound good for the tracks in my area, the rest of the tires i use just get shredded to pieces.
-Numbers... They make my bike faster

and that's about it

here is the engine specs all together:

engine: yx150 (gen 1) aka ticking time bomb

-Updated strengthened bottom end
-TB 172CC BBK
-TB v2 race head

Pictures:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

engine: yx150 (gen 1) aka ticking time bomb
man speaks the truth tick tick tick BOOM mother russia

"Duct tape on the side of the tape (pro spec backyard mechanic we are talking here)
Numbers... They make my bike faster"
fricken truth maaate i can't keep up with you.

i like what you have done with the wheels, very "gibbo/hazza" of you..
Bike has alot of.. harley davisonness about it with that backyard no exhaust packaging muffler, if you know what i mean..

still think streamers and red racing strips, and also get some of your mums lip stick and put it on and kiss your bike. adds about 4 horse power right there.

now keep updating it :D

Yeah mate, The streamers do add some oomph

I find eating baked beans is the best physical change to the bikes firing order.

So this is the timebomb harry has been telling me about, hope it all stays together mate, but we really need to know your master plan for if it detonates again, 160 ho mmmm na 190f anima yeah

Yeah rotn50's the original bottom end lasted a pretty good while, the problems I had were blowing a piston to pieces (tb piston barrel had no damage after that all went into the sump) ****ed the bigger gear on the clutch basket and that's all it really wasn't to bad but the day i started riding like a spastic is when i blew the bottom end 3rd pinned

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Latest posts

Back