Pitster Pro Wont Run

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuiltDiesel

Reaction score
So I have a Pitster Pro 125. About a week ago I was riding my pitbike back home after a ride on some trails. While I was riding back, the bike started backfiring and sputtering really bad. The whole way back it backfired like crazy and struggle to stay running. As I tried to keep it running back home, it would lose it power and regain it randomly but I never let it die until I got it to the driveway. When I got it home, I looked and it and tried to figure out what it was. I saw the the ground wire to the coil was crooked, so I tried to straighten it and as I did, the wire eyelet broke. So I got on here and asked if that was what coulda cause it. I was told yes so I ordered some new eylets and wire strippers a couple days ago. Today I went out and re did the ground. Now here's where I need help. I tried to start it after I got it finished and it just didn't want to start, but I tried using the choke and it would start but when it started it struggled as if it wasn't getting fuel. It only started when the choke was all the way on. But then again, it did not stay running. It would only last for a couple seconds before it died. But even when it did start when it was on, it sounded weak. Should I clean the carb? Buy a new wiring harness, coil and cdi? New spark plug? What do you think it is or what I should do?

if it starts and runs then it sounds like the electrics are fine, more than likely starving for fuel or a faulty spark plug, have you tried pulling the plug out and putting it in the plug boot and earthing it anywhere on the head to see if it has good spark??
have you checked the valve clearances?? .003" inlet and .004" exhaust

Latest posts

Back