pitsterpro x4 vs motovert expert

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alloy frame

the one i showed you is the crf style bike and not a midsize so it's a lil bit smaller but lighter and easier to through around and has a lifan 140 in it but comes stock with pro taper bars and ready to ride out of the box rrp $3300 atm going for $2600 or i think 2690 with helmet and gloves +shipping unless they have a dealer near you
ciniworx also do an alloy frame midsize which i ride it's rrp is 3300
run's a lifan 150 which is a pretty good donk imo also runs weston forks which have proven tops with me

the motovert pro runs a daytona 125 fast engine but you cant get parts easily and have proven unreliable (except for roost666's he got a freak)
the vert has really good suspension rrp $3999
the motovert expert also not a midsize runs a dnm rear shock not an elka and runs a jailing 140 good engine and proven reliable rrp $2799

pitster runs yx/gpx 150 this motor revs spastic but isn't all that useable for freestyle if it run's an inner rotor but you might like it but i'm not sure about the gpx suspension in the x4 (someone can help ya with this) but with the
x4r you wont have a issue with rrp x4r $3499.00 x4 $2350

they all have cnc hubs and bling bits and as said each are as good as all
i think it's purely a prefrance thing when your talking the top line minibikes

The Suspension on the X4 is good, fully adjustable, but from stock, it's a bit soft (hence being adjustable) that is an easy fix though.

It does Rev hard but I was told by Brian at East 50's, you can change to an Outer Rotor Kit and it will give a bit more Punch. I don't see why it wouldn't be too use able for free style as it runs a lot quicker with an IRK so more acceleration!

This is still my first bike so I pretty much know from experience not by comparison but compared to the Pit Pro 140XR's suspension which is ROCK HARD the X4's suspension is heavenly hahahaha =)

yer
we put the daytona outer rotor thing on a yx motor and it run pretty sweet well it was better than the irk
but from a freestyle point of view the yx with the inner rotor has very little throtle control and when hitting ramps i find that kinda important

so pitster did you actually have to change the oil in your shocks or did they adjust up that much?

I adjusted My shock and Forks to where they suit me best, they adjust ALOT but I haven't changed the fork oil yet, but maybe one day.

I can see where you're coming from with the freestyle point, the YX motors are touchy but are piss easy if you want to get big time air born and not care about where/ how you land hahaha.

Tell me more about the Outer Rotor Kit as this might be my next project....

Thanks Coolie.

it's just a small rotor it has adjustable timing but to fit it to a motor i think from memory because the crank on the yx was shorter we had to grind some of the ridges out of the stator plate so it would fit and tighten on the crank properly
aprt from that it was really efective it made it very similar to the lifan engine to ride but i'm not sure it had as much from the bottom as the lifan but a cam change might fix that

i think brian has those flywheels in stock from memory

in fact last item on this page Whats new

okay, so whats the price on the motovert, because besides the engine its identicle to my MSO!

pitster pro on the other hand! there phat, never personally owned/ridden but if i was stupid enough to spend that sort of money on a china it would be the one id pick (well the X4R)

motor, suspension and bars

not to take from the mso suspension it's pretty good with an oil change

doesnt matter. Your riding it on dirt tracks im guessing. You dont need 20hp for a track, I no for a fact i only use 2nd,3rd and maybe hit 4th on a straight on my 140

might not have brand named forks, or a elka rear shock but for someone who isnt going to be jumping 50ft + i dont think its that big off a concern!

it's just a small rotor it has adjustable timing but to fit it to a motor i think from memory because the crank on the yx was shorter we had to grind some of the ridges out of the stator plate so it would fit and tighten on the crank properly
aprt from that it was really efective it made it very similar to the lifan engine to ride but i'm not sure it had as much from the bottom as the lifan but a cam change might fix that

i think brian has those flywheels in stock from memory

in fact last item on this page Whats new

So it is pretty much the same as an IRK but gives it more pop? (I have no idea what Outer Rotor Kits do)

Maybe some one could make a thread about the differences between an IRK and ORK? I would but... I'm Dumb =x

might not have brand named forks, or a elka rear shock but for someone who isnt going to be jumping 50ft + i dont think its that big off a concern!

The MSO suspension set up on the SR has been proven to be a good set up and handles big jumps with ease so theres nothing to worry about there I would think.

i want the pitster pro X4 160

what are the good and bad parts about them please??

:cool:

pitster x4 is better for sure.

the motovert is heaps smaller a few better parts then the pitsterpro but my mate has a motovert expert, we raced and the pitsterpro ate the motovert alive and the first day he got it his motovert the air filter caught on fire and a week later the back hub, axle and bearing case snapped in half.. i do like and rate motoverts but not compared to a pitster x4.

Hey guys it's been a while since this thread was last active but just reading it I have about a $3000 budget to spend and like the first guy said I was looking for a decent bike other wise it's money wasted and I was looking at getting either the PitsterPro X4 or the MotoVert Expert from East 50s.

I plan to go to my local park and sometimes tracks and basicaly screw around, ride up and down and around and racing with my friends at the park and just have fun with my mates. No serious track riding or racing or any freestyle..perhaps little jumps but no real freestyle jumps. So mainly a recreational bike to have some good fun on.

based on what i'm going to be using the bike for as I said up there ^^^ which bike in your guys opinions suits that style of riding better?

Mate, I recently had a similar scenario.

Both are great 'brands'. I was looking at the X4 or motovert as well, and I think you'll be happy with either, based on the opinions of owners and feedback on forums like this.

These are the conclusions I came to...

The X4 is a few hundred cheaper than the motovert, but the engine is a little bigger (160cc as opposed to 150cc). Although there are Marzocchi's and pro tapers on the motovert, but to me I would rather more engine. Choice you have to make.

The other option is the X4R which has it all, with Marzocchi's and other bling bits and pieces, but you're lookin at $3500. If you looking at that price bracket in Pitster Pro though, you'd also be looking at the Pitster Pro LX (which I ended up buying).

Mate, I reckon you'd be happy with either X4 or motovert. Just have a close look at what they both come with and weigh up what's most important to you. You're gonna have to spend an extra 100 bucks or so on handle bars for the X4.

Just to clear things up, you can put whatever motor you like in a Motovert Pro. If you want a yx160, ask for it when ordering. They have numerous different motors available. ;)

yeah i was looking at the pitsterpro x4r but i couldnt find them anywhere do you know where you can get them from and how much they are?

Latest posts

Back