pitty parts for rec reg

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unitrider08

Reaction score
a head light and chain guard...city motobikes sell a full rec reg kit for $250...but i dont like the head light(to bulky)...if anyone has seen a nice slim line 1 let me no please

yea ebay had a few headlights last week dunno if its a common thing but they looked ok and can u try to post up a link to the city motorbikes rec reg kit for us cheers

i cant find a speedo for it, it dusnt hav 2 be lik a proper one, just a cheap as digital one. Lik something u find in a cereal box. hahaha

you dont need a speedo for rec reg...all u need is
1:head light
2:rear light/brake
3:chain guard
4:horn (dosent have to be electric)
and i cant find it on there website...but don did say they have them...anyone no a set of nice, slim headlights...i cant source any... all the ones ive seen are to bulky

also i have been told you need indicaters visible from the front and back of your bike.
and if any1 does have a link to a quality speedo that will work wit a pit bike im intersted as the bike 1 i have cut out at 70kmph:( but it was good fun:D

yea u will most like have to install the battery if u cant directly hyook all this crap up but it soodnt be too hard
it wood b a great help if sum1 can find indicators and im sure wiring the brake light to only come on when brake does coodnt b too hard i guess u cood use the brake pedal as a conductor to close and open the circuit

yea i used a pushbike speedo on my old 21 inch front rim on my cheap ass lei wolf 250 and slid it 1 inch down(it was built for 20 inch pushbike wheels) and its measurements where close even thouygh the bike was slow only got it to 90 where i rode it

also i have been told you need indicaters visible from the front and back of your bike.
and if any1 does have a link to a quality speedo that will work wit a pit bike im intersted as the bike 1 i have cut out at 70kmph:( but it was good fun:D

nope you dont :)

r u sure im pretty sure i read somewhere u need indicators visble from the back dunno bout front though and yea but it wood b great if every1 can post a link to something like chain guard horn cheaper lights light wiring kits anything at all .
. thanks to all

kk sweet ill prob get them anyway cos i want them lol so i can tell ppl which way im turning hahhaha

I bought a rectifier/reg with loom and switches from a moto shop in Dandy for $180 (dear i know..cos its $10 worth of components)..

and leds, you can source bicycle waterproof kits from kmart...bunnings.. but dealextreme.com have them for $6 delivered..

it will cost me all up around $200

then BAM DONE.

but if ur smart, and diy the rectifier/reg yourself you could do it all the wiring for under $50 easy. (this is for kickstart no battery pitts)

i might reverse engineer the kit... its all sealed up a plastic case at the moment...

yea...i dont see y the wiring and switches and crap are so dear though can any1 find any cheaper or full kits for kickstart bikes or even just a batery not for electric start but to run all ur lights and stuff off and would the brake be hard to set up to only work wen u push the pedal down ????

for teh rear brake ive seen people use brake switchs off old jap bikes picked up from wreckers. front is pretty easy most of the brake setups have a spot for a microswitch u just put 2 screws innit and wire it up :)(they use the same setup for semi autos so the brake is on before u hit the leccy start)

cool that wood prob be a better option and prob cheaper and less time consuming i woodnt mind more people using this thread for a refernece on recreational rego parts and info and if needed some installation guides

oh and should also mention the rear brake switch atomik have thme on their larger bikes with brake lights so mebbe pitpro have them as well as spare parts??

Latest posts

Back