Please Help Me!!!!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sikkmx

Reaction score
mi pit bike has a super stiff suspension snd i need a softer one any sugestions?

what brand is it and what brand forks and are they USD and what type of rear shock???

what about the back shock

what do i do with the rear shock

fastace. or if you wanna go all out (if u got lotsa money to spend) Marzocci front end and FOX rear. but fastace is fine.

Check out our website bro we have heaps of options for a range of budgets just make sure what ever you buy is adjustable...
Cheers
Big Leigh

take some air out of the back shocky

yeah guys come on, instead of telling the poor guy to spend more money just so he can ride, try and find him a solution first to the current problem.

my suggestion would be to let SOME air out of the back, also check your preload nut isnt turned right down AND if you do have an adjustment on your rear shock for rebound change that (unfortunatly with alot of the 'cheaper' shocks and forks the adjustments will change the stiffness as well, this is something we have to deal with and know its initially there) SO for your shock, check preload first, then adjustment pressure (trial and error plays a big part here) and finally let some air out, if this has all failed you could change the spring / oil but then at this point it may be more viable to get a new shock.

for the forks the same kind of checks would apply, check your adjustment (if they have them) and if not take the cap off (for conventional forks) or take forks out (if USD) turn upside down and take the bottom nut out and check the oil levels. unfortunatly sometimes the chinese put too much oil in your forks and hence you have no air to relieve some pressure generated by the oil. if need be change your oil to a lighter weight oil (standard is about 2.5w) and this is usually good but if you still think their stiff change to a 2.0w or even 1.5w.

hope this all helps and if your still stuck send us another message and we will go from there.

Cheers, Tony.

jeez thanks ur the first guy that actually tried to help me rather than evetize or tell me to go buy something im going to try what u said tommorow ill let u no how it turns out.
Cheers

yes as i said take some air out of the back..

mabye get some thiner oil for the front forks? pretty cheap??

yeh i reckon those cheap mods would do the trick otherwise you might need to look into getting some adjustable suspenders that you an set up to your liing but this would be the expensive way of doing things and its all about fun not how much you spend to get a good time

Latest posts

Back