Plenty of spark but wont start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HSV_Hunny04

Reaction score
hey guys i need help i have a moto its got plenty of spark petrol goes in to the carby but the spark plug is dry n dosnt smell like petrol it started perfect the other day washed it now it wont start and cant work out why so if someone out there who could help it would be great thanks

mmm hard to say mate ... I'd say it's running lean and raise the needle in your carby ...but you say you've checked that and spark ? ...if they are cool I'd say seeing as you washed it I'd also suggest your cdi may be cactus ?.

but i didnt wash all near that stuff its all under the petrol tank wrapped up in tape and stuff i just cant work it out its got my stumped

Hmm when you washed it did you put a plastic bag over the air filter? If not, water gets in through it and sits in the carby bowl. Drain the carby and give it another try :)

yeah it's unlikley anyway seeing as you have strong spark ... have ya tried raising the needle in ya carb or cleaning your carby ? one of the gurus will be along to help soon enough I'm just a photog lol

yep put a plastic bag on the air filter lol took the carby off cleaned it if water got in the head where the spark gose wouls that b a problem cause thats the only part i can think of where water would of got in to but i didnt wet that part much

but i cant work it out i kicked the bike over on monday went first kick washed it and nothing when i kick it lol so nothing in the carby would need adjusting if it started fine lol

Hmm lol thats odd, and water shouldnt have got into the head. If water could get in then you would have had oil leaking out last time it ran

oh ok thats alright then i was worryed about that, so really it would have to have somthing to do with the carby and i am not pro with adjusting carbys and stuff maybe i should just give it a good blow out with the air compressor but still dont know y there is petrol in there but dosnt make it its way to the spark plug lol

Lol yeh, I see your in south east qld, if you run out of stuff to try, and you're near Lawnton there's a great shop there that would help you out called Small Wheel Deals

go in the tutorial section there will be a thread on adjusting the needle in and tuning your carby ... I'd also check your valve clearances there's a thread on that too .... both jobs are pretty straightforward once you know what you are doing.

If your sure you have spark and have drained the carb to make sure that there is no water in there you could try a quick squirt (1-1.5 sec) of aerostart (or startyabastard) down the carb throat that may get it to fire. Dont use to much in one go this stuff is like rocket fuel.

Tina

yea you could try that but dont get to much in there, try just a little.
motors only need three things to go 1: spark, 2: compresion, 3: fuel, all things being equal if you have those 3 it should at least kick,fart, or cough.

well its got spark lots of compression but no bloody fuel so looks like its somthing going wrong but i cant seem to work out y it started one day i washed it didnt even touch the carby and now it wont start

I'd be striping the carb cos thats looking like the likely culprit. Look for a sticking needle in the fuel bowl or blockages in any of the jets etc.

yea i am gonna do that 2morrow get the air compressor out blow the shit ouf of it and hopfully fix it cause i need the bloody bike goin b4 next weekend not to worry thanks for your help hey :)

Latest posts

Back