plz help i need to get a spocket

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divy

Reaction score
i have a 37 tooth sprocket on my bike but i want a 33-35 tooth does any one know were i ca get one or even a front sprocket with one more tooth

please help i dont know were to look

hey mate why do you wanna down size the rear sprocket. ive got a 37 tooth sprocket and my bro has a 41 and his bike kills mine in acceleration and the top speed mine is supposed to have cant be used due to lack of torque

i reccomend you get a 41 tooth sprocket but dont know where from cause im chasing one as well

tubes the thing is you dont want a bigger sproket on the back, if your looking for more top end the rule of thumb is bigger on the front, smaller on the back. think about it like this, if you have 15 teeth on the front and 15 on the back of course with 1 revolution of the main driveshaft, the back wheel will accordingly spin one revolution, if you up the back to 30 teeth, 1 rotation of the front shaft will equate to a half spin on the back, therefore your motor has to work harder to get to the same speed as a 15 - 15 job. me i am running a 17 - 37 setup and she is nice and quick for a stock bike.

divy bro, what size sproket are you running on the front, for a single purchase your better off to change the front over the back as you get better results.

im not sure what size the front is ill check after i write this but once i find out were would i get a bigger front sprocket from??????

bones i was saying the same thing i kno how the whole ratio thing works but divy wanted to down size the rear sprocket which woul have lost him alot of acceleration.

ive also got a 37 tooth rear sprocket what front sprocket would you recommend bones?

yeah i know that down sizing the rear will loose bottom end acceleration but it dont worrie me cause i want more top speed

i still dont know were to buy them from........

any one know were i can buy the sprockets from?????????

for tubes i would say if your looking for top end go 17 or if your looking for bottom end go 15 (1 tooth on the front is = to 2 - 3 on the back)

divy hit a search up on ebay, if not take your sprokets off, go down to the local and see if they have the sizes your looking for. where abouts do you live anyway. someone may live in the same area and have an answer for you, if you by any chance live in or near adelaide, go down to sa dirt bikes, they got all that gear.

also try where you bought the bike from, they always sell replacment components for your gear..

Cheers, Tony.

i live in melbourne, taylors lakes i ride around calderpark lol, so if any one knows a shop around here let me know please
i called the guy i brought the bike from he only sells replacment parts

also no luck on ebay only 37 (standard) sprockets

thanks full-on for that site they have the sprocket im after i just hope the have it for my bike they will reply to me soon

well i still have no idea were to get a front or rear sprocket ebay has none for the size or teeth i need an elstars.com dont have any

any more web sites i can check out guys????

Latest posts

Back