Pocket rocket dying

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick150

Reaction score
I bought a pocket rocket to muck around on and when i go to accelerate the engine quickly revs really high and then dies. Anybody know whats wrong with it?

odd.. mixtures up the crap house possibly!??

what would be worth doing is getting a video of what is happening. obviously pictures wont work in this scenario.

If you cant really explain it better than you have, then a video really is the only way.
As an example, I had car problems, with a knock in a rear cylinder, I video taped it and posted it and was given over 30 resposes to what the likely cause was, and know what.. when I tore the engine down.. they were right!! Previouusly I explained my problem, as you have, and was suggested it was timing, a dodgy plug, a rock in the engine (WTF?), but once the video was up.. problem sorted within hours.

Its best to give as MUCH information as you possibly can. we are not phycic unfortunatly, nor do we know exactly what you are doing.

final word..

VIDEO..

Check for air leaks between carb and engine. If those little engines suck any air after the carb it will cause irratic idling, hanging revs and flame outs as you have explained.

its the jet on the carb. remove and make sure it isnt blocked

Hey mate, a while ago i was in the same boat as you. The bike was idling fine and driving slowly ok but when i opened it up the bike died out, i pulled the carb down and cleaned everything checking the jets and everything.

Turns out the crappy little fuel tap was the cause of the problem- the little o`ring mechanism had jumped out of its place and and wasn`t letting fuel in to the carb.

I tell ya what, if you post a video up on you tube showing me the bike, il post one up with a reply telling you how to fix it (make sure you get a close up of the carby, and air filter for me) i have 3 x 49cc pocket rockets, had them for 2 years, ive come across just about every problem in the book.

Latest posts

Back