popping noises

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heres the pic :

oilleak.jpg

the oil leaks out of that part,i took of the screws to see whats going on as i unscrewing a good splat of oil came out my question is . is there suppose to be oil in there? and how can we stop the problem?

Popping is normal.... But to be safe check your bolts what hold the header on as they are most likely loose and creating an air leak.

Hey retard...

Maybe you know nothing about engines and i guess that's ok until you start slagging off people when you don't have a clue your self.

Turns out i spoke to my mate who happens to be a mechanic of 25 years now in various bike shops and he told me that the smaller carby engines can't atomize the higher octane fuels properly because it is much denser causing rough running of the engine (explains popping).

So unless you know something i don't i was putting ideas out there using facts not some half drugged fantasy where i thought i knew what i was talking about unlike you kwikaz.

*shakes head with disapointment*

this actually sounds very correct ... well it makes sense ... but i dont know thats why im asking,but yeah probably go back and use a 92 octane instead the popping noise is really bugging me sometimes its god dam loud :eek:

does anybody have an explanation about the oil leak?

thats your clutch in there and no it shouldnt be leaking.. depends where its coming from id fill up the hole?? does it come out while your running your bike ?? least your bike has oil now =P poor beast lol

dumbows

your name should be dumbows and you couldnt resist pulling i know a mechanic of 25 years line could ya!!(nice claim to fame) , anyway A hole his problem isnt fuel and your an idiot because ive got two stroke scooters and i run 98% fuel in it and its got a much smaller carbie than a thumpa FOOOOL!!!

dumbows

your name should be dumbows and you couldnt resist pulling i know a mechanic of 25 years line could ya!!(nice claim to fame) , anyway A hole his problem isnt fuel and your an idiot because ive got two stroke scooters and i run 98% fuel in it and its got a much smaller carbie than a thumpa FOOOOL!!!

thats your clutch in there and no it shouldnt be leaking.. depends where its coming from id fill up the hole?? does it come out while your running your bike ?? least your bike has oil now =P poor beast lol

well it doesnt really have oil because it just leaks out again...:mad: its coming out from underneath the silver cover .

maybe u need a new spark plug? i have a thumpstar 125. i had bad backfire (popping) problems with my bike a while ago, at night u could see foot-long flames come out of the exhaust. i changed the plug and it seemed to fix it. also make sure u dont get a dud plug cos i got a brand new plug once and it caused my bike to misfire all the time. a plug should only be about $4. my bike still backfires occasionally when slowing down. i believe it is just unburnt fuel in the exhaust igniting. otherwise your bike might be running too rich?
someone tell me im wrong... i dont care.... thats my advice.... take it if u want.

now me no mechanic but your problem could be one of a couple of thing
as motoluver said could be an air leak in your heads but being a new bike maybe not
could be timing i'm not sure about this one
my guess is that it's running to rich and getting fuel through to the zorst and it's ignighting after you let the throttle off = booomsky
try leaning it off a little
as for the fuel thing it could be playing a part maybe your spark plug isnt hot enough it ignite all of the high octane fuel

if you get worried take it to the doctors

hope i helped some

p.s to fix your oil leak dump all of your oil take the cover off make sure it seals properly i have never taken the cover off myself but i'd inagime it would have an oring sealing it or some sort of flange sealant dunno you might have to ask a guru bout that or just do the trial and error thing

p.s to fix your oil leak dump all of your oil take the cover off make sure it seals properly i have never taken the cover off myself but i'd inagime it would have an oring sealing it or some sort of flange sealant dunno you might have to ask a guru bout that or just do the trial and error thing

thats what i thought! an o-ring but theres none?! i dont know if there suppose to be oil going through that compartment but if theres not suppose to be any then all i can say is there is a crack or hole of some sort.

well said fatt
you bet me to it
it's good to know there's a couple of helpful people on here........

Hey retard...

Maybe you know nothing about engines and i guess that's ok until you start slagging off people when you don't have a clue your self.

So unless you know something i don't i was putting ideas out there using facts not some half drugged fantasy where i thought i knew what i was talking about unlike you kwikaz.

*shakes head with disapointment*

who is this based towards?

thanks for the positive feedback, coolmodee01. i forgot to add that the coil or CDI might have a problem since there might be fuel in the exhaust cos it isnt getting ignited.

Last edited:
Your oil leak can be easily fixed, just take the cover you posted up off, by removing the two screws, and behind it you will see two brass peices set in like a upsidedown T. hard to explain but u will know it when u c it. anyway there should be a big philips screw on the bottoe, remove that, (but be sure not to loosen the nut that is in the middle of teh plate because this will change adjustments of ur clutch.) once the brass plates are off u will see like a button bout the size of a 5 cent peice and around it should be a seal, this is where the oil leaks from. find a socket with an extension that fits over the seal and does not touch the button and tap it with a hammer gently untill you see the seal wont move anymore. then reassemble in reverse order.

That worked for me cos i had the same problem, but u might want 2 keep an eye on it bcos it can pop out now and then and leak agen.

If that doesnt work then i duno where ur leak is. U gotta get some pics up of the engine with that silver cover off

Oh you are really starting to bug me.... is your name kiwk-Az because your kiwk-az to spurt bullsh*t out on to these forums.

Now i know a lot of people pull the old i know a mechanic blah blah BUT i actually do.

No AGAIN retard 2 stocks are entirely different setup and the problem of not atomizing fuel in smaller carby engines is just something with the 4-strokes so please think before you talk next time. It would make us all feel better around here if the forums wern't clogged with you crap answers.

Thanks.
Stumbows

every1

dont pull all the other inoccent ppl into your bs assumptions a HOLE , and learn to spell please dumbows... now stfu!!! p.s dumbows if you got anything else futher to say to me pm me!!

if you got anything else futher to say to me pm me!!

Why?... embarrassed everyone will see how wrong you are? well i know how to spell i just couldn't see the keyboard properly as i blinded by YOUR stupidity.

Just admit it i was right, do all the research you want and maybe i will forgive you about being a d*ckhead about it.

Ssshhhhhhhhhh!!

Ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Dumbows You Clown Pm Fool!!!!

Hi there mate
i dont know if you have fixed the problem or not.

but where you said that it leakes oil, theres not ment to be oil in there.. ( this is for a 4 stroke, dont know what you have )

and the back fire is just from fuel going into your exhaust.
i have the same thing, my bike makes some popping sounds when i slow down or let go of the throtle.
i personaly kinda like it lol

Back