Popping Tyres

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have popped two tyres recently from just general riding and i dont know why... So would anyone have a better idea on what im doing wrong?

Cheers :p

incorrect tyre pressure :?: what are you runing in youre tyers :?: 15 psi is what i used to run and i had no props, tyre wise

check your spokes are all tight if you keep getting flat's i would pull the tyre off make sure the rim is smooth all around the inside now if your geting holes in the tyre from shit your riding over thats another story...

Some of my spokes were loose but i tightened them before i got a flatty. My mate told me that cuz i had a bent valve tube on i could of easily knocked it and rip it a bit, so im thinking its something like that. I was told by the mechanic at 50's headquarters that he puts 30-40psi on his 10 inch wheels cuz if its any less than the tyre could spin and rip the valve. what do yuse think? :?

if the rim turns without the tube it will pinch a hole near the valve since these bikes dont have bead's in the rim's try spraying the rim and inside of the tyre with hair spray thi should hold it all in place and yep the dude is right higher PSI will give the rim,tyre,tube more grip but some time u need a low PSI for more traction

Heavy duty tubes

howdy, Yeh just go Down to your Local Bike store and ask for some Heavy Duty 10inch Tubes, you will see that the Valves are Alot stronger and they can be adjusted, so if you are dong Jumps the Tube Valve will not get Moved around from Heavy landings and it wont get Pinched

i used to blow tubes all the time but now i put about 45psi in the rear wheel everytime i go riding and it seems to hold it. i also fitted 4 x self tapping screws in each side of the rim to stop the tyre spinning on the rim. i dont care if 45psi is too much. i will find out the hard way wont i

put more psi in the tyres
or put some rubber on the top of the spokes
or a good thing to do is put a rim lock on i havnt popped a tube since

use tyre slime! works a treat
Superb puncture prevention for all bikes,buggies/prams.

SLiME tube sealant prevents and repairs flats caused by puncturing objects up to 1/8″(3mm). SLiME works repeatedly is non flammable, non-toxic, non-aerosol, cleans up with water and lasts for up to 2 years!

Comes with a black cap which is a valve core remover tool. Unscrew this tool from the top of the cap, and use it to remove the valve core from inside the tire valve stem.
Attach the provided filler tube to both the bottle and valve stem. Squeeze in the recommended amount of sealant.
Screw valve core back into tire valve stem.
Inflate tire to recommended air pressure indicated on the outside of your tire. Spin the tire to distribute sealant to the puncture area if being used as a repair.

BINGO:D

but if there popping cause the tyre is spinning on the rim rimlocks would be the best thing

i use to pop my tubes all the time until the tyre guy told me not to tighten the small nut on the valve never had one pop since

yeah don't even tighten that nut at all.

and a FREE fix for spinning in the rim is to take the tyre of your rim and you will see there are some little notches around where the side of the bead sits, generally these notches just don't cut it.
get an old chisle and knock a decent sized notch about every inch along on both sides of the rim, make sure the marks point in the right direction to, for maximum effect. and don't worry it won't ruin you tyre.

use tyre slime! works a treat
Superb puncture prevention for all bikes,buggies/prams.

SLiME tube sealant prevents and repairs flats caused by puncturing objects up to 1/8″(3mm). SLiME works repeatedly is non flammable, non-toxic, non-aerosol, cleans up with water and lasts for up to 2 years!

Comes with a black cap which is a valve core remover tool. Unscrew this tool from the top of the cap, and use it to remove the valve core from inside the tire valve stem.
Attach the provided filler tube to both the bottle and valve stem. Squeeze in the recommended amount of sealant.
Screw valve core back into tire valve stem.
Inflate tire to recommended air pressure indicated on the outside of your tire. Spin the tire to distribute sealant to the puncture area if being used as a repair.

BINGO:D
I would like to see if that slime would work on a tube with it's valve ripped off...lol

Latest posts

Back