Port and polish

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, thanks cordogs, everyone should read that, who ever wrote knows his stuff! i always thought a smoother port (through polishing) allowed more fuel/air mixture through at once, as theres not drag caused from a rough surface? but now that i've read that, i've had second thoughts! Great read!

wow that makes me quite hesitant to touch my head at all i think il just buy the tb head when it comes time for more power...
hmmn thats all to pick up a extra 20 percent of power and whatnot (the advanced stuff that is)
for the crf heads (staying on topic) the ports are so tiny there is advantages to any area removed (just remembering flow of cause..)

knowing my luck tho id spend hours on it and achieve stuff all compared to bolting a head on that is guaranteed to produce more power.. and ive been told the tb head would turn my gpx into a absolute weapon anyway..

Yes the crf style heads are rediculously restrictive with no need to be :/. i would get the tb, it would make a fast bike into a f***in off the walls bike! lol

That is well worth the read. I've match ported my tb head but think that's as far as ill go now.

knowing my luck tho id spend hours on it and achieve stuff all compared to bolting a head on that is guaranteed to produce more power.. and ive been told the tb head would turn my gpx into a absolute weapon anyway..

But you'd miss out on all the fun of being master tuner as you grind away at it.
If I was you and planning on getting the tb. I definitely have a go at porting yourself first just to see how you go. A good experience and some practice for next time. What have you got to lose

But you'd miss out on all the fun of being master tuner as you grind away at it.
If I was you and planning on getting the tb. I definitely have a go at porting yourself first just to see how you go. A good experience and some practice for next time. What have you got to lose

i guess your right on having nothing to lose i only came to that conclusion after reading that article which seemed to imply porting and polishing is a lot more technical than i am capable of..... im a firm believer in not overstepping your mechanical abilities as it tends to cause more problems than gains...

Latest posts

Back