Port Gawler Re-Opening In 3 Weeks????Rumours????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainey

Reaction score
I talked to one of the guys at Bills motorcycles and he told me that he has heard that portgawler is reopening in 3 weeks. He said they sorted out the insurance stuff and its going to be opened as a motocross club so you will have to purchase a day licence to ride. So it will definitly be worth it........ sOMWHERE else to ride legally always is wiked

yer they've been planned to re-open for a while, maybe its finally happening.

and you know about south australian minibike riders assocition right? S.A.M.B.R.A

yeah im gonna give the guy from port g a call tommoz and yeah sambra sounds pretty good but some of the rules i don't agree with like there has to be a minimum of 18 riders for the track to open thats pretty harsh cos thats heaps of riders it should be more like 10 riders or something like that. Other than that the track there looks like fun. I will definitly be joining. Port G should be good for not only us miniriders but a few of us who ride he big bikes too.

yeah like what happens if you pay the $110 bucks for the licencing and stuff for the sambra track but most of the time there isnt enough people???

yeh its stupid how they have worked that out i reckon 10 would be enough to open

And b4 you become a member you have to have ambulance cover.... so thats more money its gonna cost.... Ambo cover is def worth it but i seriously dont think everyone will get it realistically.

so i reckon they should change the minimum from 18 to 10.

im sussing out a few tracks atm and if they are descent we could start our own race meets. Would you guys be willing to travel 45 mins out of the CBD to race your pitty without it costing you 110

yeh its stupid how they have worked that out i reckon 10 would be enough to open

And b4 you become a member you have to have ambulance cover.... so thats more money its gonna cost.... Ambo cover is def worth it but i seriously dont think everyone will get it realistically.

so i reckon they should change the minimum from 18 to 10.

im sussing out a few tracks atm and if they are descent we could start our own race meets. Would you guys be willing to travel 45 mins out of the CBD to race your pitty without it costing you 110

On average at their ride days before the club started there would be 20 - 30 people, I think there will be a sufficient amount. And its $110 for a year with ride days every two weeks.

A guy did have his own ride days for ATV's and stuff untill he got sued and had to sell his house.

Plus the sambra track is a real track and they've made it even bigger since the pictures with more jumps, I'd have ride days at my track but i have to worry about being sued and its in my backyard and ive got ramps i dont want being stolen.

I heard from a few riders that pt G has been open for a while and they ride there all the time so dont know, give them a call.

yeh fair enuf thats true lots of ppl will go..........but wat wud suck is if there was a ride day and you and ur mates rock up ther and they turn around and go theres only 10 of ya guys we cant open till we have 18

yeh fair enuf thats true lots of ppl will go..........but wat wud suck is if there was a ride day and you and ur mates rock up ther and they turn around and go theres only 10 of ya guys we cant open till we have 18

You call up before and say you're going, you dont just rock up, so they know whether to open or not.

dude definately call the guys at port g and get some info on whats happening because I'm getting real keen for a ride lol

yeah like what happens if you pay the $110 bucks for the licencing and stuff for the sambra track but most of the time there isnt enough people???

What happens is you should get off your butt and get out there and support the club and ride a great purpose built 50 track and help the club grow instead of sitting infront of you PC wishing you could! I have no idea where you got $110.00 from If youve got questions email SAMBRA and ask direct questions or for a contact number to talk directly to someone. I think you have some wrong info Syd or have miss understood something.

I doubt Port G will open anytime soon as the insurance has been a nightmare for them. The only way it may open is with the help of Motorcycling SA. Then you will need a MA licence,.... to get that you need to join a MSA club or Port G if they turn into one. As for the price of SAMBRA membership and licensing have you ever looked at joining a MSA club, the licence alone is $180.00 per year for a restricted (50's) competition licence. It would be a real bastard if everyone only talked down the good work other people are doing to try and promote the sport here in SA. I think if there were 10 tracks you guys would still have something bad to say

Oh and the cost of building a track and the insurance is quite high Rainey? If the club does have to shut every now and then, wont it be good if you could say I helped that because I didnt give the guys my support. ..... the fees for the SAMBRA club are shit loads cheaper than a MA affiliated club. If you guys dont like it dont join....... Im sure the guys at SAMBRA wont miss you..........But dont cry there isnt anywhere to ride because there now is....................and as far as motorcycling goes its very cheap.

As for the Ambo insurance you need to have this as a member of any MA motorbike club I know of. A cost of around $40 per year..........beats the shit out of $600+ bill for a trip in the back of one if you hurt yourself at the track and need to go to hospital!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
What happens is you should get off your butt and get out there and support the club and ride a great purpose built 50 track and help the club grow instead of sitting infront of you PC wishing you could! I have no idea where you got $110.00 from If youve got questions email SAMBRA and ask direct questions or for a contact number to talk directly to someone. I think you have some wrong info Syd or have miss understood something.

$40 for MA license and $70 to race

:mad:
Sidney154671 said:
$40 for MA license and $70 to race

There is no license on the MA form for $40.00. I have seen $40 a day Licence offered by some clubs as an introduction thing or for 1 event like the fast 50's racing 2 years ago here in SA. The restricted fast 50's licence is $175.00. You can of course get a social licence for $85.00 and you then cant race with that anyway. $77.00 for senior one event licence Not $70.00 Plus you cant get any of them without being a member of one of the affiliated clubs.

So as usual Syd your making more friends by shooting ya f#$@ing mouth off without knowing what your talking about.

The cost of joining SAMBRA for an individual works out to be $120.00 with license (yes plus ambo cover that most health funds also rebate on) is still cheap. It would cost at least that to join most clubs as a Rec Rider and not be able to race. Have you ever even looked at joining a club?

From all this I gather you will be another one of the crew that earn 50's riders a bad name by riding everywhere that your not supposed to because you dont want to pay. Well guess what SYD everything costs money. Do you ever go to the beach? Lifesavers who are there to make it safer for families are there as volunteers they have to pay a membership to a club each year so they can do the community a service. Most clubs cost money to join Syd its just the way it is. So pay up or shut it.

Just so you can confirm the facts. Here is the link from Motorcycling SA with their pricing and remember you need to be a member of an affiliated club or you wont get any of their licences anyway..

http://www.motorcyclingsa.org.au/documents/2008 MSA Rider License Application Form.doc

PS your welcome to PM me so I can tell you what I really think:mad:

Im a payed up member at SAMBRA and i can tell you its worth every penny.Fantastic track,really challenging with lots of jumps,tight corners,good size straight i was knackered after 3 laps its so busy:D
They've also got a massive ramp out there and one guy was getting some pretty insane air of it,gonna take my camera out there sunday week and i'll post some pics.

All the guys that run the place are a good bunch of blokes,really helpfull with riding tips and bike setup and they have put a lot of effort in to making this facility happen so i hope people get out there and support them.Join up and you wont be disappointed;)

:mad:

There is no license on the MA form for $40.00. I have seen $40 a day Licence offered by some clubs as an introduction thing or for 1 event like the fast 50's racing 2 years ago here in SA. The restricted fast 50's licence is $175.00. You can of course get a social licence for $85.00 and you then cant race with that anyway. $77.00 for senior one event licence Not $70.00 Plus you cant get any of them without being a member of one of the affiliated clubs.

So as usual Syd your making more friends by shooting ya f#$@ing mouth off without knowing what your talking about.

The cost of joining SAMBRA for an individual works out to be $120.00 with license (yes plus ambo cover that most health funds also rebate on) is still cheap. It would cost at least that to join most clubs as a Rec Rider and not be able to race. Have you ever even looked at joining a club?

From all this I gather you will be another one of the crew that earn 50's riders a bad name by riding everywhere that your not supposed to because you dont want to pay. Well guess what SYD everything costs money. Do you ever go to the beach? Lifesavers who are there to make it safer for families are there as volunteers they have to pay a membership to a club each year so they can do the community a service. Most clubs cost money to join Syd its just the way it is. So pay up or shut it.

Just so you can confirm the facts. Here is the link from Motorcycling SA with their pricing and remember you need to be a member of an affiliated club or you wont get any of their licences anyway..

http://www.motorcyclingsa.org.au/documents/2008 MSA Rider License Application Form.doc

PS your welcome to PM me so I can tell you what I really think:mad:

dude, no need to be an a**hole about it.

So it's $120 per person to race and social riding (is it every 2 weeks?)

I already have ambulance cover so I don't ave any issues with that.

How many people turned up last time? any new vids or anything?

Latest posts

Back